COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF SHELL AND TUBE HEAT EXCHANGER BY DIFFERENT NANOFLUID
Author’s Name : Abhishek Gupta | Ranu Rajoria
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 1- 4
The heat exchanger are devices that facilitate the exchanger of hear between two fluids that are at different temperature. Generally heat transfer fluid are used is water, but now a days to improve the efficiency of heat exchanger the heat transfer fluid is converted into nanofluid which is having base fluid water. Nano fluid contain nano sized particle (1-100nm). Nano fluid are the fluid which are using for the transfer of heat to improve the performance of heat exchanger. Such type of fluid recently introduces which are superior to convention fluid. In this paper the behavior of cu- water nano fluid and its effect on the performance of single pass counter flow shell and tube type heat exchanger has been observed analytically and also the comparison is made between the cu-water Nano fluid and conventional base fluid that is water. We have done the analytical analysis for the performance of heat exchanger at different percentage of copper nanoparticle and we get the overall heat transfer coefficient is increases with increase in particle of copper in nanofluid. It also increase the performance of heat exchanger and effectiveness.
Nanoparticle, Heat Exchanger, Effectiveness, Cu-Water, Graphite Water
- Frank Kreith and Mark S. Bohn, Principle of Heat Transfer, sixth edition, Learning India Pvt. Ltd.,2009, pp 485-538.
- Ramiar A, Ranjbar A, Hosseinizadeh S., Effect of Axial Conduction and Variable Properties on Two Dimensional Conjugate Heat Transfer of Al2O3-EG/Water Mixture Nanofluid in Micro channel, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 2012, pp 79-87.
- Tarrad Ali Hussain, Mohammad Ali Ghazi, A Mathematical Model for Thermo-Hydraulic Design of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Using Step By Step Technique, Journal of Engineering and Development, Volume 10, No.4,December 2006, pp11-35
- J. Lee and I. Mudawar, Assessment of the Effectiveness of Nanofluids for Single-Phase and Two-Phase Heat Transfer in Micro-Channels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 50, No. 3-4, 2007, pp. 452-463.
- Heydari Ali, Shateri Mostafa, Performance Investigation of Baffled Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Using Different Nanofluids, 16th conference on fluid dynamics, Razi University, Kermanshah, Iran, November, 2015, 1719
- Selvam C., Balaji T., Mohan Lal D., Harish Sivasankaran, Convective Heat Transfer Coefficient and Pressure Drop of Water-Ethylene Glycol Mixture with Graphene Nano platelets, Article in Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, August 2016.
- Y. Xuan, W. Roetzel, Conceptions for Heat Transfer Correlation of Nano fluids, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2000, pp 3701-3707.