RESEARCH AND PROGRESS IN SINGLE POINT INCREMENTAL FORMING
Author’s Name : Yagnikkumar A Savaliya
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 18-21
Incremental sheet forming (ISF) is an up-coming metal-forming technology in which the tool movement is controlled numerically. The process is cost-effective to form complex parts in small to medium batch and provides a short and economical method of forming products having a comparatively simple but interesting shape. In this article, a review of the present state-of-the-art technologies and the potential applications of incremental sheet metal forming are presented in short. This article seeks to address the approaches and methods that are usually applied. Furthermore, the article also seeks to point researchers for future work, by identifying inadequacies of the current approaches and potential for valuable contributions in the field of incremental Sheet forming Processes.
Single-Point Incremental Forming, Rapid Prototyping, Incremental Sheet Forming
- I. Cerro, E. Maidagan, J. Arana, A. Rivero, and P. P. Rodriguez, “Theoretical and experimental analysis of the dieless incremental sheet forming process,” Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 404-408, 2006.
- Y. Kumar and S. Kumar, “Incremental Sheet Forming (ISF),”In Advances in Material Forming and Joining, pp. 29-46, Springer India., 2015.
- T. J. Kim and D. Y. Yang, “Improvement of form ability for the incremental sheet metal forming process,” International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 1271-1286, 2000.
- K. Jackson and J. Allwood, “The mechanics of incremental sheet forming,” Journal of materials processing technology, vol. 209, no. 3, pp. 1158-1174.
- J. Jeswiet et al., “Asymmetric single point incremental forming of sheet metal,” CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 88-114, 2005.
- P.A.F. Martins , N. Bay ,M. Skjoedt , M.B. Silva “Theory of single point incremental forming”, CIRP Annals – Manufacturing Technology, 57 (2008) 247–252
- Erika Salem, Jaekwang Shin, Maya Nath, Mihaela Banu, Alan I. Taub, Investigation of Thickness Variation in Single Point Incremental Forming, In Procedia Manufacturing, Volume 5, 2016, Pages 828-837, ISSN 2351-9789
- Babu, S & V.S., Senthil kumar. (2012). Experimental studies on incremental forming of stainless steel AISI 304 sheets. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture. 226. 1224-1229. 10.1177/0954405412441286.
- Golabi, S. & Khazaali, H. J Mech Sci Technol (2014) Determining frustum depth of 304 stainless steel plates with various diameters and thicknesses by incremental forming† 28: 3273. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-014-0738-6
- Kurra Suresh, HR. Nasih, NVK Jasti, Maheshwar Dwivedy, Experimental Studies in Multi Stage Incremental Forming of Steel Sheets, In Materials Today: Proceedings, Volume 4, Issue 2, Part A, 2017, Pages 4116-4122, ISSN 2214-7853, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2017.02.316.
- Skjoedt, Martin & Silva, Maria & Bay, N & Martins, P.A.F. & Lenau, Torben. (2007). Single point incremental forming using a dummy sheet.
- B. Navya Sri1 & A. Chennakesava Reddy (2016) Formability Of Elliptical Ss304 Cups In Single Point Incremental Forming Process By Finite Element Method international Journal Of Research In Engineering & Technology (Impact: Ijret)Issn(P): 2347-4599 ; ISSN(E): 2321-8843
- Y.H Kim, J.J Park, Effect of process parameters on formability in incremental forming of sheet metal, In Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volumes 130–131, 2002, Pages 42-46, ISSN 0924-0136, https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(02)00788-4.
- Oscar Martínez-Romero, María Luisa García-Romeu, Daniel Olvera-Trejo, Isabel Bagudanch, Alex Elías-Zúñiga, Tool Dynamics During Single Point Incremental Forming Process, In Procedia Engineering, Volume 81, 2014, Pages 2286-2291, ISSN 1877-7058
- Ozturk, Fahrettin & Dilmec, Murat & Türköz, Mevlüt & Ece, Remzi & Halkaci, Huseyin. (2009). Grid Marking and Measurement Methods for Sheet Metal Formability.