DESIGN AND COMPUTATIONAL ANALYSIS OF AN AIRCRAFT WING UNDER AERO-DYNAMIC LOADING
Author’s Name : P Nagamunni | N Jagadeesh Kumar | P Chandra Sekhar | P Tarun | Y Nagesh Babu | Prof T Ravi Kumar
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 8-11
Aircraft structure generally experiences different type of loads under running conditions. These loads may be of static or dynamic. Many experiments have undergone to investigate the behavior of the aircraft under these loading. In general Structural, Thermal and CFD analysis were performed to analyses the stresses and deformations that occur under these loads. In addition to the normal loads, aircraft structure undergoes Aero-Dynamic loads which mainly lead to the failure of the structure. Our present work is intended to analyses an aircraft wing structure that is experiencing aero-dynamic loads. Residual stress, deformation are observed under structural and thermal loads. Design of the structure is carried out in SOLID WORKS and analysis is done by using ANSYS software. Finally a comparison between the performance of Aluminum and structural steel is discussed.
Computational Fluid Dynamics, Structural Analysis, Aero-Dynamic
- O. I. Zaporozhetsa, V. I. Tokarevb , G. G. Golembievskiy, ENGINE INSTALLATION AND SOUND PROPAGATION EFFECTS ON AIRCRAFT NOISE LEVELS IN NOISE CONTROL POINTS, National Aviation University.
- Adil A. AL-Moosawy, Qasim H. Bader, Ahmed R. Madeh, ‘AERODYNAMIC AND STRESS ANALYSIS OF A MANNED AIRCRAFT WING (NACA 4412 AIRFOIL)’, The Iraqi Journal For Mechanical And Material Engineering, 2013, Vol. 13, No.3.
- Wing Design, http://mail.tku.edu.tw/095980/6 WingDesign.pdf?g=wing
- Ghassan M. Atmeh , Zeaid Hasan and Feras Darwish, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan, Texas A&M University, College Station, ‘Design and Stress Analysis of a General Aviation Aircraft Wing’, Excerpt from the Proceedings of the COMSOL, 2010.
- NACA Airfoil structure, https://m-selig.ae.illinois.edu/ads/coord databasehtml, naca4412.dat \ NACA 4412 airfoil \ naca4412.gif\ \ \.
- Dr. Alice Mathai, Amrutha P Kurian, Bia Jacob, Nisha Mary K, Treesa Rani Baby, ‘Linear Static Analysis of CFRP Aircraft Wing’, Amrutha P Kurian et al Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, April 2014, Vol. 4, Issue 4 (Version 1), pp. 199-202.
- Nguyen Minh Triet, Nguyen Ngoc Viet, Pham Manh Thang, ‘Aerodynamic Analysis of Aircraft Wing’, V NU Journal of Science: Mathematics — Physics, Vol. 31, No. 2, 2015, pp.68-75.
- Poonam Harakarea and V.K. Heblikara, ‘Evaluation of Static and Buckling load carrying capability of the Wing box through FEM approach’, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, 2013, ISSN 2277 — 4106.
- R. S. Khurmi, J. K Gupta, A Text Book of Machine Design, EURATIA PUBLISHING HOUSE (PVT.) LTD.2005  Professor Dan Dubina, Introduction to fatigue, lulea university of technology