A REVIEW ON MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF NATURAL FIBER REINFORCED POLYMER COMPOSITES
Author’s Name : Vishal Wankhade | Priyanka Potghan
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 1- 2
A fiber reinforced polymer composites are structural materials which is embedded is known as reinforcement or interface and embedded is known as matrix. Over the few decades, the fiber reinforced polymer composite materials replaced many of the conventional materials. This is only possible because of adequate advantages offered by fiber reinforced polymer composites over the conventional materials. This article present overview of mechanical properties of natural fiber reinforced polymer composites.
- Sanjay M R, Arpitha G R and B Yogesha Study on Mechanical Properties of Natural – Glass Fibre Reinforced Polymer Hybrid Composites: A Review, 4th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, Materials Today: Proceedings 2 ( 2015 ), pp. 2959 – 2967
- Facca A G, Kortschot M T and Yan N. Predicting the elastic modulus of natural fiber reinforced thermoplastics. Composites: Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, Vol. 37, 2007, pp.1660-1671.
- Nabi Saheb D and Jog J P. Natural Fiber Polymer Composites: A Review, Advanced in Polymer Technology: 1999, Vol. 18, pp. 351-363.
- Sutanu Samantaa,M. Muralidharb,Thingujam Jackson singhc, and S. Sarkard Characterization of mechanical properties of hybrid bamboo/GFRP and jute/GFRP composite, 4th International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterization, Materials Today: Proceedings 2 (2015) 1398 – 1405
- Bogoeva-Gaceva, G., Natural Fiber Eco-composites, Wiley Inter Science Journals, Polymer Composites, 2007, 28(1), 98-107.
- Kannan Rassiah and M.M. H Megat Ahmad A Review On Mechanical Properties Of Bamboo Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composite, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(8): 247-253, 2013 ISSN 1991-8178
- P.JHerrera-Franco AValadez-González Mechanical properties of continuous natural fibre reinforced polymer composites, Volume 35, Issue 3, March 2004, Pages 339-345
- S. Hattallia, A. Benaboura, F. Ham-Pichavant, A. Nourmamode, and A. Castellan, Polym. Degrad. Stab., 75, 259 (2002).
- W. Hoareau, W.G. Trindade, B. Siegmund, A. Alain Castellan, and E. Frollini, Polym. Degrad. Stab., 86, 567 (2004).
- Begum K, Islam M A (2013). Research Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 2(3), 46-53.
- Leandro Jose da Silva, Tulio Hallak Panzera, Vania Regina Velloso, Andre Luis Christoforo, Fabrizio Scarpa (2012). Composites: Part B 43, pp.3436–3444
- Jose Humberto Santos, Almeida Junior, Sandro Campos Amico, Edson Cocchieri Botelho, Franco Dani Rico Amado (2013). Composites Part B: Engineering, Volume 55, pp.492–497.
- Olusegun David Samuel, Stephen Agbo, Timothy Adesoye Adekanye (2012). Journal of Minerals and Materials Characterization and Engineering, 11, pp.780-784.
- Kayode Adekunle, Sung-Woo Cho, Christian Patzelt, Thomas Blomfeldt, Mikael Skrifvars (2011). Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites 30(8), pp.685–697
- M P Westman S G Laddha L S Fifield T A Kafentzis and K L Simmons Natural Fiber Composites: A Review, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, United States Department of Energy, PNNL-19220