A CRITICAL REVIEW ON HEAT TRANSFER ENHANCEMENT IN A CAR RADIATOR BY USE OF NANO FLUID
Author’s Name : Ghanshyam J Lalpurwala | Dr D B Jani
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 25-27
Radiator plays vital role in engine cooling. It is used to cool the engine. Conventionally, Water and ethylene glycol are used as a coolant, water and ethylene have low thermal conductivity. Heat transfer in car radiator can be improved by either increasing heat transfer area or by increasing temperature difference which can be achieved by decreasing temperature of fluid or by improving heat transfer coefficient of fluid which can be improved by two methods active and passive. Nanoparticles are generally metal, metal oxide or non-metallic particles. The present paper summarizes the current research in Nano fluid studies on convective heat transfer performance, effect of fluid temperature, mass flow rate of fluid, volume concentration of nanoparticles, particle size, air velocity etc., In this paper, a comprehensive literature on the thermal behaviour of nano fluids have been compiled and reviewed. Latest up to date literatures in terms of PhD and master thesis, Journal articles, conference proceedings have been reviewed. This paper aims to review some of these researches and compare the results obtained in previous studies.
Nano fluids, Car Radiator, Heat Transfer Enhancement
- Adnan. (2016). Numerical study on turbulent forced convective heat transfer using nano fluids TiO2 in an automotive cooling system. case studies in thermal engineering .
- Ali, H. M. (2015). Experimental investigation of convective heat transfer augmentation for car radiator using ZnO-water nano fluids. elsevier , 317-324.
- Delavari, v. (2014). CFD simulation of heat transfer enhancement of Al2O3/water and Al2O3/Ethylene Glycol nano fluids in a car radiator. Applied thermal engineering , 378-388.
- Goudarzi, K. (2017). Heat transfer enhancement of Al2O3- EG nano fluid in a car radiator with wire coil inserts. Guilherme. (2016). Experimental study on the heat transfer of MWCNT/water nano fluid flowing in a car radiator.
- Applied thermal engineering , 26.
- Naraki, M. (2013). Parametric study of overall heat transfer coefficient of CuO/water nano fluids in a car radiator.
- International journal of thermal sciences , 82-90.
- Saidur, R. (2011). A review on applications and challenges of nano fluids. elsevier , 1646-1668.
- Sandhya, D. (2016). Improving the cooling performance of automobile radiator with ethylene glycol water based TiO2 nano fluids. elsevier , 6.