DYNAMIC STRESS ANALYSIS MESH GEAR USING ANSYS SOFTWARE
Author’s Name : Jillepalli Naresh Babu
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 9-12
Spur mesh Gear is one of the most important critical components in a mechanical power transmission system, and most industrial Dynamic machinery. Spur gears teeth in action are generally subjected to two types of Dynamic cyclic stresses are: bending stresses inducing bending fatigue and contact stress causing contact fatigue. Both these types of Dynamic stresses may not attain their maximum values at the same point of contact fatigue. These types of failures can be minimized by using proper analysis of the problem during the design stage and creating proper tooth surface profile with proper manufacturing methods. In general, dynamic stress gear analysis is multidisciplinary action, which includes calculations related to the dynamic tooth stresses and to tribiological mechanical failures such as wear or scoring. In this proposed paper, bending stress analysis will be performed, while trying to design spur gears to resist bending failure of the teeth, as it affects transmission error. First, the finite element models and solution methods needed for the accurate calculation of bending stresses will be determined. Then bending stresses calculated using ANSYS Software, are compared with the results obtained from existing methods.
Bending Stress, Contact Stress, Gear Analysis, ANSYS, Static Load
- Vivek Karaveer, Ashish Mogrekar and Preman Reynold Joseph T (2013), “Modeling and Finite Element Analysis of Spur Gear”, International Journal of Current Engineering and Technology, ISSN 2277-4106.
- Sushil Kumar Tiwari and Upendra Kumar Joshi (2012), “Stress Analysis of Mating Involute Spur Gear Teeth”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 1, No. 9, ISSN: 2278-0181.
- Shanavas S (2013), “Stress Analysis of Composite Spur Gear”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181.
- Romlay F R M (2008), “Modeling of a Surface Contact Stress for Spur Gear Mechanism Using Static and Transient Finite Element Method”, Journal of Structural Durability & Health Monitoring (SDHM), Vol. 4, No. 1, Tech Science Press.
- Rattan S S (1998), “Theory of Machines”, Dhanpat Rai Publication
- Meenakshi C M, Akash Kumar, Apoorva Priyadarshi, Digant Kumar Dash and Hare Krishna (2012), “Analysis of Spur Gear Using Finite Element Analysis”, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research , Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 1672-1674.