INNOVATIVE AND BEST MANAGEMENT PRACTICE IN TREATMENT OF GENERAL WASTE DISPOSAL IN TRAIN
Author’s Name : K Sureshrajan | M Chellapandi | K Manikandan | B Vinoth
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 1-3
Indian railways have 114,500 km of total track over a route of 65000 km and 7500 stations. While travelling by the train everyone expect healthy and hygienic surrounding. While Feel uncomfortable due to the waste on the compartment and the allied foul smell. Creates bad impression on foreign tourist .Sanitation problem cause due to system in which train waste dispose human openly on to tracks. So as an Mechanical Engineer it is our duty to solve the problem and give the better solution to it. This module discussed in the paper suggests the solution for the same and thereby creating awareness among the commuters.
- Jindal, R., H. Harada and S. Shikura. Environmental Systems Review No. 42/43. Bangkok, Thailand: Environmental Systems Information Center (ENSIC), Asian Institute of Technology. 1998.
- Bhide, A.D. Sundersan, B.B., 1983. Indian National Scientific Documentation Centre, New Delhi, India.
- Manju Minhasl, Aparajita Sexena-November 2014, “Solid Waste Management At New Delhi Railway station”-A Case Study
- CPHEEO,2000, Manual on Municipal Solid Waste Management, Central Public Health and Environment Engineering organization, Ministry Of Urban Development, Govt. Of India.
- Jha, M.K. Sondhi, O.A.K., Pansare M – 2003, “Solid Waste Management – a case study. Indian Journal on Environmental Protection, 23, 10, pp. 1153-1160.
- MufeedSharholy et.al,2008, Municipal Solid Waste Management in Indian cities –A review journal of waste management, vol.28,issue 2 ,pp. 459-467
- Municipal Solid Waste (Management &Handling ) Rules, 2000, Min of Environment and forests, Oct 3,2000
- Steven Cohen, Hayley Martinez and Alix Schroder December 2015 “Waste Management Practice In Newyork City, Hong Kong And Beijing”
- N.O.Adedipe, M.K.C.Sridhar November 2005 “Waste Management, Processing and Detoxification”