ANALYSIS OF STRESSES AND MATERIAL SELECTION OF SAE BAJA ATV – A REVIEW
Author’s Name : Dhruva Khanzode | Nilay Akre | Akshay Deotale
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 24-29
An all-terrain vehicle (ATV), also known as a quad, quad bike, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler, is defined by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as a vehicle that travels on low pressure tires, with a seat that is straddled by the operator, along with handlebars for steering control. A roll cage is a skeleton of an ATV. The roll cage not only forms the structural base but also a 3-D shell surrounding the occupant which protects the occupant in case of impact and roll over incidents. The roll cage also adds to the aesthetics of a vehicle. This paper deals with design of roll cage for an ATV and Various loading tests like Front Impact, Side Impact and rear impact have been conducted. The modeling and stress analysis is done by ANSYS software. We have focused on every point of roll cage to improve the performance of vehicle without failure of roll cage.
ATV, Roll Cage, ANSYS, FEA
- Gustavo Ovies, Andres Magana, Alenjandro Burgas, Ivan Pulido, Ivan Williams, Bernardo Valadez, “CETYS Universidad Baja SAE Design Report”, Mechanical engineering division of CETYS Universidad,Campus Mexicali, 2012.
- Sanika Oturkar,Karan Gujarathi , “ An Introduction To Computational Frontal Static Stress Analysis Of a Baja Car”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 8,ISSN 2250-3153, August 2013.
- Shubham Burde, Akash Lanjewar, Tejas Jambhale,”St. Vincent pallotti college of engg & tech. design Report”,Rashtrsant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University,SAE report 2016.
- Raghuram Nagubandi,Debidutta Mishra,N.Raghuram”Baja SAE UTEP 2014 Design Report-Team Jaabaz”, VIT university, Vellore, 2014
- Abhinav Sharma,Jujhar Singh And Ashwini Kumar,”Optimum Design And Material Selection Of Baja Vehicle” International Journal Of Current Engineering And Technology, Vol.5 E-ISSN 2277-4106,P-ISSN 2347-5161,June 2015.