STUDY OF AIR FLOW THROUGH MODIFIED HVAC DUCTS IN A MULTI UTILITY VEHICLE USING CFD SOFTWARE
Author’s Name : R Sasidaran | P Murugesan | R Vasantha Kumar
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 12-17
The main objective is to enhance the thermal comfort by modifying the HVAC ducts inside a Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV) cabin. A modified Duct is presently established in a Sedan, a four/five seated vehicle. The study relates with a motive for utilizing the same duct for a (MUV) in this case a seven seated arrangement. Since the air flow is hard to model mathematically, multiphase flow analysis is to be carried out by means of CFD software. The interior of the cabin is designed using a CAD software and enables to easily understand the flow procedure within the duct and responsive to flow velocities inside the cabin. The flow parameter involves the selection of appropriate duct model for the prediction. The model of a car is made by SOLIDWORKS software. The airflow velocity and directivity due to the modification in ducts is analysed with the ANSYS fluent software.
HVAC, Duct, Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV), ANSYS fluent
- VaradM.Limaye. and Deshpande M.D. (2012), Design of Dynamic Air vents and Airflow analysis in a Passenger car cabin, SasTech, Volume 11 issue 1, April 2012.
- Ivanesku, Marianna and NeacsuCatalin, (2010), The Human Thermal Comfort Evaluation inside the Passenger Compartment, Auto chassis International Romania, F 2010-C-044.
- Ruzic, D. (2011) “Improvement of Thermal Comfort in a Passenger Car by localized air distribution”,Acta Technical Corviniesis-Bulletin of Engineering, ISSN 2067-3809.
- Kelecy, F. (2005) “Modeling Transient flows with FLUENT 6”, FLUENT Inc.
- Rom,McGuffin and Rick Burke. (2002), Human Themal Comfort model and Manikin, SAE International, 2002-01-1955.
- Devonshire.J and Sayer J.R.(2003), Industry Affiliation Program for Human Factors in Transportation Safety, UMTRI-2003-32.
- Kuo-huey Chen and ShailendraKaushik(2012), Thermal Comfort Prediction and Validation in a Realistic Vehicle Thermal EnvironmentSAE International, 2012 April.
- RaduMusat and Elena Helerea (2009), Parameters and Models of the Vehicle Thermal Comfort, Acta Universities Sapientiae, Volume 215-226.