AN INVESTIGATIONS OF MECHANICAL AND THERMAL PROPERTIES OF COMPOSITE PIPE
Author’s Name : M Ravikumar | V Muthukumar | A M B Rakheeb Basha | S Sureshbabu
Volume 03 Issue 03 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 14-16
The industrial use of Synthetic fibre has been continuously increasing. In the interior of cars, pipelines, the percentage of fibre-reinforced multi-material parts may reach 40%.Synthetic fibres are important reinforcement materials in modern composites for high performance applications primarily due to their high specific strength and high specific modulus. However, the environmental unfriendly production method of synthetic fibres is an area of concern. Amid the growing global awareness and push for environmentally friendly products, the need to seek viable alternatives materials for synthetic fibres has been rising. Modification of natural fibres to rival the mechanical performance of synthetic fibres has been looked into by many research.
Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP), Glass Fibre
- Alawar A, Hamed AM, Al-Kaabi K. Characterization of treated date palm treefiber as composite reinforcement. Compos B Eng 2009;40(7):601
- Alawsi K., (2009), ―An experimental investigation of wear of glass fibre–epoxy resin and glass fibre polyester resin composite material‖, European Polymer Journal, Vol. 45, pp.149-154.Almusallam C., Miskolczi N., Bartha L. and Lipóczi
- G., (2007), ―Improving the mechanical properties of glass fibre –reinforced polyester composites by modification of fibre surface‖, Materials & Design,Vol.31, pp.185-193.
- Amal A.M. badawy, Atanda P.O. and Olorunniwo,O.O., (2011), ―Mechanical properties of a polyester fibre glass composite‖, International Journal of Composite Materials, Vol.2, pp.147-151.
- Cantero G et al. Effects of fibre treatment on wettability and mechanicalbehaviour of flax/polypropylene composites. Compos Sci Technol2003;63(9):1247– 54.
- Davoodi K., Kasselyne Araujo D., Osanildo Pereira D., Pollyana Ribeiro C. and Tomas de Melo J.A., (2012), ―Fibre glass wastes/polyester resin composi mechanical properties and water absorption‖, Polímeros Ciência e Tecnologia,Vol.16, pp.332-335.
- Esmaeillou, Milin Yan, Dongtao Qi, Shuhui Zhang, Nan Ding, Xuehua Cai, Qi Li, Xuemin Zhang and Juanli Deng, (2011), ―Corrosion of E Glass fibre in simulated oilfield environments‖, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol.78, pp.371-375.
- Fu SY, Xu G, Mai YW. On the elastic modulus of hybrid particle/short-fiberpolymer composites. Compos B – Eng 2002;33(4):91– 299.
- Furlotti J.A., Sever K., Seki Y. and Sarikanat M., (2014), ―Enhancement of modification glass/polyester composites via matrix modification glass/ polyester composite siloxane matrix modification‖, Fibres and Polymers, Vol.11, pp.732-737