STUDY OF TENSILE PROPERTIES OF ALUMINIUM 6061 – FLYASH COMPOSITE
Author’s Name : Sree Harsha Bharadwaj H | Shashidhar Naik K.B
Volume 03 Issue 03 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 6-11
A composite material is a ‘material system’ composed of a combination of two or more micro or macro constituents that differ in form, chemical composition and which are essentially insoluble in each other. In the present scenario the Metal Matrix Composites are exceeding in the field of composites for its wide variety of application in the field of aerospace, automobile, pressure vessel and pipes, wear resistance material and power conduction. The scope of the experimental study in this article is limited to prepare different volume fraction of fly ash reinforced Al 6061 MMC composite using stir casting process and to conduct the tensile test on UTM machine for fabricated composites, study of the tensile properties for different composition of fly ash Al 6061 MMC’s. The following study documents all the results related to the studies conducted.
MMC (metal matrix composites), UTM (Universal Testing machine), casting, Tensile.
- H.C.Anilkumar, H.S.Hebbar and K.S.Ravishankar, “Mechanical properties Of Fly Ash Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (al6061) Composites”, IJMME, 2011, Vol.6, Issue.1, pp. 41-45.
- Vivekanandan.P, Arunachalam.V.P, “The Experimental Analysis of Stir Casting Method on Aluminium-Fly Ash Composites”, IJCET, 2013, Vol.3.
- Sandeep Kumar Ravesh, Dr. T. K. Garg, “Preparation & Analysis for Some Mechanical Property of Aluminium Based Metal Matrix Composite Reinforced with Sic & Fly Ash”, IJERA, 2012, vol.2, issue6, pp.727-731.
- K.N.P.Prasad, M.Ramachandra, “Effect of Squeeze Pressure on The Hardness and Wear Resistance of Aluminium Fly Ash Composite Manufactured by Stir-Squeeze Casting”, IJEI.
- K.N.P. Prasad, M. Ramachandra, “Evaluation Of Factors Affecting Sliding Wear Behaviour Of Al-Fly Ash Metal Matrix Composites By Using Design Of Experiments”, IJMER, 2013, Vol.3, Issue 5, pp 2591-2599.
- A. AnandhaMoorthy, Dr. N. Natarajan, R. Siva Kumar, M. Manoj Kumar, M. Suresh, “ Dry Sliding Wear and Mechanical Behaviour of Aluminium/Fly ash/Graphite Hybrid Metal Matrix Composite Using Taguchi Method”, IJMER, 2012, Vol.2, Issue.3, pp-1224-1230.
- K.V.Mahendra, K.Radhakrishna, “Fabrication of Al–4.5% Cu Alloy with Fly Ash Metal Matrix Composites and its Characterization”, material science, 2007, vol.25.
- J. Bienia, M. Walczak, B. Surowska, J. Sobczaka, “Microstructure and Corrosion Behaviour of Aluminium Fly Ash Composites”, Journal of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, Vol. 5, No. 2, 2003, pp. 493 – 502.
- B.S.Motgi, R Patil, “A Study on Mechanical Properties of Fly Ash and Alumina Reinforced Aluminium Alloy (LM25) Composites”, IOSR,Vol. 7, Issue 6, 2013, pp.41-46.
- Arun Kumar M. B. and R. P.Swamy, “Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of al6061, Fly Ash and e-glass Fiber Reinforced Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites”, ARPN, 2011, Vol.6, Issue.5.