STRESS ANALYSIS OF PROCESS PIPING USING CAESAR II
Author’s Name : G.M.Pradeep | K.Arun Kumar | I.Jaya Sharathi | J.Revanth Krishna| S.Vishal
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 24-27
Process piping system are governed by international & codes standards to transport the fluid, steam or air in industries & in many industries plant. The design code ASME 31.3 process piping is the used in this paper which is applied in petroleum refineries, oil and gas industries, chemical plants, textile plant, paper plant, semi-conductor plant and in many industries. Stresses in pipe or in piping system are generated due to load like expansion and contraction due to thermal load seismic load wind load sustained load reaction load etc. The objective of this paper is to Analysis thermal flexibility of expansion loop by CAESAR II software. So that various stress value, displacement, force and expansion are analyzed at each node to make the design at safe operating condition.
Piping systems; CAESAR II; ASME B 31.3; Expansion loop.
- ASME B31.3-2010(Revision of ASME B 31.3-2008)
- DNV-RP-D101(Edition 2008-10)
- A.Sivanagaraju, S.Krugon, Dr.M.Venkateswararao, ”Stress analysis of process pipe line system” ISSN:2321-9939
- Gaurav Bhende,Girish Tembhare “Stress Intensification &Flexibility pipe stress Analysis”ISSN:2249-6645
- KLM Technology Group “Specification for piping flexibility Analysis ”
- Suyog U.Bhave “Calculation Methodologies for the design of piping system” ISSN 2091-2730
- Navath Ravikiran , V.Srinivas Reddy, G.Kiran Kumar “ 3D Modeling and stress analysis of flare piping” ISSN:2231-5381
- Mohinder.L.Nayyar Piping Handbook (Seventh edition)