DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING OF A LEAF SPRING USING COMPOSITE MATERIALS
Author’s Name : Srikanth Sudhani
Volume 02 Issue 04 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 15-19
A leaf spring is a simple form of spring, commonly used for the suspension in wheeled vehicles. Leaf Springs are long and narrow plates attached to the frame of a trailer that rest above or below the trailer’s axle. There are mono leaf springs, or single-leaf springs, that consist of simply one plate of spring steel. These are usually thick in the middle and taper out toward the end, and they don’t typically offer too much strength and suspension for towed vehicles. Drivers looking to tow heavier loads typically use multi leaf springs, which consist of several leaf springs of varying length stacked on top of each other. The shorter the leaf spring, the closer to the bottom it will be, giving it the same semi elliptical shape a single leaf spring gets from being thicker in the middle.
Leaf Spring, Composite Materials
- M.Venkateshan , D.Helmen Devraj, “design and analysis of leaf spring in light vehicles”, IJMER 2249-6645 Vol.2, Issue.1,pp.213-218, Jan-Feb 2012.
- R.S.Khurmi and J.K.Gupta Machine Design chapter 23. . U. S. Ramakant & K. Sowjanya, “Design and analysis of automotive multi leaf springs using composite material”, IJMPERD 2249-6890 Vol. 3, Issue 1,pp.155-162, March 2013,
- Rajendran I., Vijayarangan S., “Design and Analysis of a Composite Leaf Spring”Journal of Institute of Engineers, India ,vol.-8,2-2002
- Dakshraj Kothari,Rajendra Prasad Sahu and Rajesh Satankar Comparison of Performance of Two Leaf Spring Steels Used For Light Passenger Vehicle, VSRD-MAP 2249-8303 Volume2 (1), 9-16, 2012
- Mr. V. Lakshmi Narayana, “Design and Analysis Of Mono Composite Leaf Spring For Suspension in Automobiles” IJERT 2278-0181, Vol. 1 Issue 6, August – 2012
- Shishay Amare Gebremeskel, “Design, Simulation, and Prototyping of Single Composite Leaf Spring for Light Weight Vehicle”, Global Journals Inc. (USA) 2249-4596, Volume 12 Issue 7, 21-30, 2012
- Manas Patnaik, NarendraYadav, “Study of a Parabolic Leaf Spring by Finite Element Method & Design of Experiments” , IJMER 2249- 6645, Vol.2, 1920-1922, July-Aug 2012
- Kumar Krishan, Aggarwal M.L, “Computer Aided FEA Comparison of mono steel and mono GRP leaf spring”, IJAERS 2249–8974, vol. 1 issue 2, pp. 155-158, jan- march 2012
- Mr. V. K. Aher *, Mr. P. M. Sonawane , Static And Fatigue Analysis Of Multi Leaf Spring Used In The Suspension System Of LCV, (IJERA) 2248-9622 Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp.1786-1791, July-August 2012
- B. Raghu Kumar, R.VijayaPrakash and N. Ramesh, Static analysis of mono leaf spring with different composite materials” JMER , 2141- 2383, Vol. 5(2), pp.32-37, February 2013
- Y. N. V. Santhosh Kumar & M. Vimal Teja,Design and Analysis of Composite Leaf Spring International Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering (IJMIE), ISSN No. 2231 –6477, Vol-2, Issue-1,pp. 97-100, 2012
- Deshmukh.et.al, Design and analysis of fibber reinforced polymer (FRP) leaf spring-A review, International journal of engineering technology and science, Vol.2(4), pp 289-291, 2011.
- William D. Callister Material science and engineering. . Robert C. Juvinall, Kurt M. Marshek fundamentals of machine component design