6S METHODOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : Deepak Dhounchak | Er Naveen Khatak
Volume 02 Issue 04 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 1-3
In the now days, the management in the companies requires not only quality management system standards, but also require the continuous improvement in the quality management with zero accidents. The continuous improvement is required with the full safety. This process of continuous improvement in the quality management is known as the Total Quality Management. The implementation of total quality management at operating level uses the idea of 6S. 6S is a philosophy of thinking and focusing on organizing and managing the workplace by eliminating wastage and improving the quality and safety. The safety of employees at the workplace is important in current days in the organizations. Every organization wants to provide a safer work environment to their employees in these days. The 6S method is used to create a highly effective and safer work environment in the organization. The main concept of 6S methodology to organize all processes in an effective manner and improves the quality management system in the workplace. 6S methodology is commonly implemented with the Kaizen, lean Manufacturing and Just in time manufacturing techniques. It is a tool for helping the analysis of processes and reduction in time of processes running on the workplace. The 6S method is used to improve the quality, reduction in cost, reduction in wastage and improvement in safety. The 6S is the method of creating and maintaining well-organized, safe, neat and clean environment in the workplace.
Total Quality Management, Improvement in quality, 6S methodology, Cost reduction, Safety
- Arash Ghodrati, Norzima Zulkifli, “The Impact of 5S Implementation on Industrial Organizations’ Performance “, International Journal of Business and Management Invention (ISSN), Volume 2 Issue 3, PP.43-49, March 2013.
- Aziz Wan Asri Wan Abdul, Mat Azman Che, – The Effectiveness of Implementation of 5S on Employee Motivation?, Business and Social Sciences Review (BSSR), Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-51, 2011.
- Osada T. – The 5S: Five Keys to a Total Quality Environment?, Asian Productivity Organisation, Tokyo.1991
- Nilipour Akbar, Jamshidian Mehdi, – 5S As an Environmental Organization Management Tool; Benefits and Barriers?, 3rd International Management Conference, pp.1-10,2005.
- Wazed M.A., Ahmed Shamsuddin, – Theory Driven Real Time Empirical Investigation on Joint Implementation of PDCA and 5S for Performance Improvement in Plastic Moulding Industry?, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 3(4): pp. 3825-3835, 2009.
- R. A. Pasale, Prof. J. S. Bagi,” 5S Strategy for Productivity Improvement: A Case Study”, Indian Journal of Research, Volume: 2, Issue: 3, Issn-2250-1991, 2013.
- P. M. Rojarsra, M. N. Qureshi, ” Performance Improvement through 5S in Small Scale Industry: A Case study “, International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER), Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp-1654-1660, 2013.
- Prof. Samuel K.M. Ho, “From 5S to Business Excellence”, Founder Chair, HK 5S Association, www.meqa.org/mag/q4a/vol.1/ issue 2/fdfs/business_excellence.pdf, 1993.
- Sui-Pheng, L. and S.D. Khoo, “Team performance management: Enhancement through Japanese 5-S principles. Team Perform. Manage”, 17: 105-111. DOI: 10.1108/13527590110411000, 2001.