DESIGN AND EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION ON VIBRATORY FEEDER FOR BOLT THREADING MACHINE
Author’s Name : Pandya Jay | Goswami Karan | Vanecha Manish | Mirav Pitroda
Volume 01 Issue 04 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-3860 Page no: 18-21
This research paper is all about the vibratory bolt feeder machine, by using of vibratory system. It describes the assets of vibratory bolt feeder, in short VBF, over the conventional bolt feeder system. Old machine commonly uses in bolt feeding industry. Old system has consisted of several type of trouble. Some of them are, it consist moderate feed rate of bolt as well as drain more energy to operate as compare to vibratory bolt feeder machine. This paper consists of design and development of vibratory bolt feeder machine.it is an integrated model of several parts which first design and later it would be developed. Whole structure of VBF built on round circular plate. On which magnetic coli was mounted and connected with the bowl. Leaf spring connects with bowl to base for provide external support for bowl as well as compensate the force also. Trap is laid inside the bowl through which bolts were feed. It whole machine works on vibration which regulated by controller.
Vibratory; Bolt Feeder; Trap design;Bolt threading Machine
- Okabe, S., Yokoyama, Y., and Boothroyd, G., 1988, “Analysis of Vibratory Feeding Where the Track has Directional Characteristics,” Adv. Manuf. Technol
- G. Boothroyd. Auto Boothroyd G (2005) Assembly automation and product design. Feeding and orienting techniques for small parts, 2nd edn. CRC, Boca Raton, pp 385–454
- Krishnasamy J, Jakiela MJ, Whitney DE (1996) Mechanics of vibration-assisted entrapment with application to design. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 838–845
- Goemans OC Anthony Levandowski, Ken Goldberg A, van der Stappen F (2005) On the design of guillotine traps for vibratory bowl feeders.
- Berkowitz DR, Canny J (1996) Designing parts feeders using dynamic simulation. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 1127–1132
- Dai JS, Ding X (2006) Compliance analysis of a three-legged rigidly-connected platform device. Trans ASME J Mech Des 128(4):755–764.
- Maul GP, Brian Thomas M (1997) A systems model and simulation of the vibratory bowl feeder. J ManufSyst 16(5):309–315.