TRANSMISSION LINES CONGESTION MANAGEMENT USING FLEXIBLE AC TRANSMISSION SYSTEM DEVICES
Author’s Name : D B Krishna Kanth Reddy
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 5 – 8
This paper describes the load flow problem which is followed by the economic dispatch problem and the power flow model of Thyristor Controlled Series Compensator (TCSC). A program is developed in MATLAB for the power flow studies of an IEEE 9-bus, IEEE 14-bus and IEEE 30-bus test systems without and with TCSC. Additionally the optimal power flow problem using Newton’s method and MABC algorithm has been solved for IEEE 9-bus, IEEE 14-bus and IEEE 30-bus test systems without TCSC and with TCSC using MABC algorithm. Additionally the location marginal price difference is calculated for finding the optimal location of TCSC in deregulated electricity market to reduce congestion in transmission lines.
Deregulated Power System, Double Auction Bidding, Social Welfare, Pool Market, TCSC, UPFC
- A. Papalexopoulos, “Congestion management in a competitive environment, “PICA 1997 Conference, Tutorial on Future Needs and Trends in Power System Computing, Columbus, OH, 1997.
- R. D. Christie, B. F. Wollenberg, and I. Wangensteen, “Transmission management in the deregulated environment,” IEEE Proceedings, vol. 88, pp. 170-195, 2000.
- T. T. C. T. Force, “Available transfer capability definitions and determination,” North American Electric Reliability Council, Princeton, New Jersey, 1996.
- SN Singh and AK David, “Optimal location of FACTS devices for congestion management,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 58, pp. 71-79, 2001.
- S. Bruno and M. La Scala, “Unified power flow controllers for security-constrained transmission management,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 19, pp. 418-426, 2004.
- E. Bompard, P. Correia, G. Gross, and M. Amelin, “Congestion-management schemes: a comparative analysis under a unified framework,” IEEE transactions on power systems, vol. 18, pp. 346-352, 2003.
- KS. Verma, SN. Singh, and HO. Gupta, “Location of unified power flow controller for congestion management,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 58, pp. 89-96, 2001.
- SN. Singh, KS. Verma, and HO. Gupta, “Optimal power flow control in open power market using unified power flow controller,” IEEE in Power Engineering Society Summer Meeting, pp. 1698-1703, 2001.
- X. Wang, Y. Song, Q. Lu, and Y. Sun, “Series FACTS devices in financial transmission rights auction for congestion management,” IEEE Power Engineering Review, vol. 21, pp. 41-44, 2001.
- X. Wang, Y. Song, Q. Lu, and Y. Sun, “Optimal allocation of transmission rights in systems with FACTS devices,” IEEE Proceedings-Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 149, pp. 359-366, 2002.
- J. Brosda and E. Handschin, “Congestion management methods with a special consideration of FACTS-devices,” IEEE in Porto Power Tech Proceedings, 2001, p. 6 pp. vol. 1, 2001.
- G. M. Huang and P. Yan, “TCSC and SVC as re-dispatch tools for congestion management and TTC improvement,” IEEE in Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, pp. 660-665, 2002.
- F. G. Lima, J. Muñoz, I. Kockar, and F. D. Galiana, “Optimal location of phase shifters in a competitive market by mixed integer linear programming,” 14th PSCC, Sevilla, pp. 24-28, 2002.
- M. I. Alomoush, “Derivation of UPFC DC load flow model with examples of its use in restructured power systems,” IEEE Transactions on power systems, vol. 18, pp. 1173-1180, 2003.