REACTIVE POWER COMPENSATION AND VOLTAGE FLUCTUATION MITIGATION USING STATCOM
Author’s Name : Kokila P | Thamaraiselvan S | Balavenkateswari S | Sapitha K
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 16-18
Now a day the energy meter monitoring and taking the readings needs lot of manual power it is also an urgent problem that the household wants to solve it because, the accuracy and real time of meter data copy affects the power system information level, management decisions and economic benefits. We overload electrical circuits it could cause a fire and load demand. The home appliances, which consume more power, cause an increase in the payment of excessive bills. Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) technologies in Electrical Utilities (EUs) have been exploiting their own infrastructure to bill their customers in an efficient and economical way. This project is having the facility of getting the meter reading and overload indication at any time by the customer mobile and EB office. We are using the PIC microcontroller for the efficient energy meter monitoring system. This system is connected with the energy meter with load. The IR receiver is used to count the reading of the energy meter. The value of the IR receiver will be given to the microcontroller. The EB bill and overload occurred message would be send to consumer mobile number and EB office mobile number by using GSM modem. The status will be displayed in LCD, which is interfaced with the microcontroller.
Automatic Meter Reading (AMR), Electrical Utilities (EUs),PIC microcontroller, GSM modem
- Bharath P, Ananth N, Vijetha S, Jyothi Prakash K. V. ,“Wireless automated digital Energy Meter”, ICSET 2008.
- Bharat Kulkarni “GSM Based Automatic Meter Reading System Using ARM Controller “International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website, Volume 2, Issue 5,May 2012
- H.G.RodneyTan,C.H. Lee,V.H.Mok,“Automatic power meter reading system using GSM network”, The 8 Conference(IPEC 2007). International Power Engineering.
- Li Kaicheng, Liu Jianfeng, YueCongyuan, Zhang Ming. “Remote power management and meter-reading system based on ARM microprocessor”,Precision Electromagnetic Measurements Digest, 2008. CPEM 2008. Conference on Digital Object Identifier.
- M.P Praveen, “KSEB to introduce SMS- based fault maintenance system”, The Hindu Newson26/06/2011, http://www.hindu.com.
- P.K. Lee and L.L. Lai, Fieee, “A practical approach to wireless GPRS on-line power quality monitoring system”, Power Engineering Society General Meeting,2007.
- Rahul Ganesh Sarangle, Prof. Dr. UdaypanditKhot, Prof. JayanModi” Gsm Based Power Meter Reading And Control System “Mr. Rahul Ganesh Sarangle, Prof. Dr.UdayPaniKhot, Prof JayenModi International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA)4, June–July 2012.
- Subhashis Maitra, “Embedded Energy Meter- A new concept to measure the energy consumed by a consumer and to pay the bill”, Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference, 2008.
- S.Arun, Dr.Sidappa “Design and Implementation of Automatic Meter Reading System Using GSM, ZIGBEE through GPRS”. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering Research Paper. Volume 2, Issue 5, May 2013.
- T El-Djazairy, B J Beggs and I F Stewart, “ Investigation of the use of the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) network for metering and load management telemetry”, Electricity Distribution. Part 1: Contributions. CIRED. 14th International Conference and Exhibition on (IEE Conf. Publ. No. 438).
- Tariq Jamil, “Design and Implementation of a Wireless Automatic Meter Reading System” WCE 2008, July 2- 4, 2008, London, U.K. IAENG Processing of the World Congress on Engineering 2008 Vol I. July 2-4, 2008, London.
- Vivek Kumar Sehgal,Nitesh Panda, Nipun Rai Handa, “Electronic Energy Meter with instant billing”,UKSim Fourth European Modelling Symposium on Computer Modelling and Simulation.
- Yujun Bao and Xiaoyan Jiang, “Design of electric Energy Meter for long-distance data information transfers which based upon GPRS”, ISA 2009.