“MODELING AND SIMULATION OF SINGLE PHASE TO THREE PHASE UNIFIED POWER QUALITY CONDITIONER (UPQC)”
Author’s Name : Veeresha K B | Varsha N
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 12-15
This project presents a single phase to three phase unified power quality conditioner applied in single wire earth return (SWER) electric power distribution grids. It is applied in rural or remote areas in which, for the economic reasons, only electrical power distribution system (EPDS) with single wire earth return are accessible to the consumer. By adopting a dual compensation strategy, the proposed UPQC-1Ph-to-3Ph is able of draining from the single-phase electrical grid sinusoidal current and in phase with the voltage, resulting high power factor. Hence, a 3P4W system with regulated, balanced and sinusoidal voltages with low harmonic contentsis provided for single- and three-phase loads. An analysis of the power flow through the series and parallel converters is performed in order to help the designing of the power converters. Experimental results are presented for validating the proposal, and evaluating the static and dynamic performances of the proposed topology.
Dual Compensation Strategy, Rural and Remote Areas, Single-Wire Earth Return (SWER), Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC)
- S.A.O de Silva and F.A. Negrao “single-phase to three-phase unified power quality conditioner applied to single wire earth return electric power distribution grids” in Proc. IEEE Power Electronics,2017,pp 1-14.
- F. Rosa, and S. T. Mak, “A look into steady state and transient performance of power lines integrating single wire earth return circuits” in Proc. IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, 2007, pp. 1–7.
- P. J. Wolf, “Capacity improvements for rural single wire earth return systems” in Proc. 7th International Power Engineering Conference (IPEC), 2005, pp. 1–8.
- S. N. Lowry, A. M. T. Oo, and G. Robinson, “Deployment of low voltage switched capacitors on single wire earth return networks” in Proc. 22nd Australasian Universities Power Engineering Conference (AUPEC), 2012, pp. 1–5,
- M. Rauf, A. V. Sant, V. Khadkikar, and H. H. Zeineldin “A Novel Ten-Switch Topology for Unified Power Quality Conditioner,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 6937-6946, Oct. 2016.
- L. B. G. Campanhol, S. A. O. Silva, A. A., Oliveira Jr., and V. D. Bacon, “Single-Stage Three-Phase Grid-Tied PV System with Universal Filtering Capability Applied to DG Systems and AC Micro grids,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electron., Early Access, Jan. 2017.
- R. J. M. Santos, J. C. Cunha, and M. Mezaroba, “A simplified control technique for a dual unified power quality conditioner”, IEEE Trans. onInd. Electron., vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 5851–5860, Nov. 2014.