ZETA CONVERTER BASED BLDC MOTOR DRIVEN SOLAR PV ARRAY FED WATER PUMPING SYSTEM
Author’s Name : Dhanalakshmi S | Ajith kumar A | Karuppaiya T | Renjithkumar M | Sureshkumar P
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 1- 4
This paper presents cost effective and efficient brushless DC motor driven solar PV array employs zeta converter fed water pumping system. This paper also present the dynamic simulation model for a zeta converter in discontinues current mode (DCM) for either step up or step down. Zeta converter is used to extract the maximum power. Thus, maximum power point tracking (MPPT) algorithm is required to improve energy efficiency of PV array system. It is an experimental evaluation of incremental conductance (INC-MPPT).Which offers soft starting of BLDC motor. The speed of BLDC motor is controlled by a variable DC link voltage of VSI through PIC controller. This paper proposed elimination of current sensor and high frequency switching to avoid power losses. This module is designed and simulated in MATLAB/Simulink and it gives various performances under the practical operating condition.
BLDC Motor, SPV Array, ZETA Converter, PIC Controller, VSI,INC-MPPT, Water Pump
- B. Subudhi and R. Pradhan, “A Comparative Study on Maximum Power Point Tracking Techniques for Photovoltaic Power Systems,” IEEE Trans. Sustain. Energy, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 89-98, Jan. 2013.
- M.A.G. de Brito, L. Galotto, L.P. Sampaio, G. de Azevedo e Melo andC.A. Canesin, “Evaluation of the Main MPPT Techniques for Photovoltaic Applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol.60, no.3, pp.1156-1167, March 2013.
- Kok Soon Tey and S. Mekhilef, “Modified Incremental Conductance Algorithm for Photovoltaic System under Partial Shading Conditions and Load Variation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol.61, no.10, pp.5384-5392, Oct. 2014.
- M. Ouada, M.S. Meridjet and N. Talbi, “Optimization Photovoltaic Pumping System Based BLDC Using Fuzzy Logic MPPT Control,” International Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference(IRSEC), 7-9 March 2013, pp. 27-31.
- Mahir Dursun and Semih Ozden, “Application of Solar Powered Automatic Water Pumping in Turkey,” International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, vol.4, no.2, pp. 161-164, 2012.
- S. A. K. H. Mozaffari Niapour, S. Danyali, M.B.B. Sharifian and M.R.Feyzi, “Brushless DC Motor Drives Supplied by PV Power System Based on Z-Source Inverter and FL-IC MPPT Controller,” Energy Convers. and Manage., vol.52, no. 8–9, pp.3043-3059, Aug. 2011
- A. Shahin, A. Payman, J.-P. Martin, S. Pierfederici and F. Meibody- Tabar, “Approximate Novel Loss Formulae Estimation for Optimization of Power Controller of DC/DC Converter,” 36th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 7-10 Nov. 2010, pp.373-378.
- K.H. Ahmed, M. S. Hamad, S.J. Finney and B.W. Williams, “DC-Side Shunt Active Power Filter for Line Communicated Rectifiers to Mitigate the Output Voltage Harmonics,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 12-16 Sept. 2010, pp.151-157.
- W.V. Jones, “Motor Selection Made Easy: Choosing the Right Motor for Centrifugal Pump Applications,” IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, vol.19, no.6, pp.36-45, Nov.-Dec. 2013.
- Bhim Singh and Rajan Kumar, “Solar PV Array Fed Water Pump DrivenBy BLDC Motor Using Landsman Converter,” IET Renewable Power Generation, Early Access.
- TETRA 142TR12, Brushless Servomotors [Online]. Available:http://www.eltremotion.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/product/ Catalogue_TETRA_TR_ENG.pdf