A CO-OPERATIVE OPERATION OF NOVEL PV INVERTER CONTROL SCHEME AND STORAGE ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED ON GREY WOLF OPTIMIZATION (Grey Wolf Optimizier)
Author’s Name : K Ramamoorthi | C Samy Raj | N Praveen Kumar
Volume 05 Issue 01 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 8-12
Power electronics plays an important role in controlling the grid-connected renewable energy sources. Increasing penetration of photovoltaic (PV) as well as increasing peak load demand has resulted in poor voltage profile for some residential distribution networks. The voltage regulation problem in low voltage power distribution networks integrated with increased amount of solar photovoltaics (PV) has been addressed. This project proposes and evaluates the cooperative performance of a novel proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control scheme for PV interfacing inverter based on GWO optimization for regulating the voltage of three-phase grid connected solar PV system under any nonlinear and fluctuating operating conditions. The proposed scheme dynamically controls the PV inverter to inject/ absorb appropriate reactive power to regulate the voltage at point of common coupling (PCC)and provides robust response at any system worst case scenarios Regulation. The proposed techniques based PV inverter control scheme and GWO -based supervisory EMS are developed and simulated in MATLAB/ Simulink Environment.
PID, Smart Grid, Energy Storage System, Distributed Generation
- Han, Yi, et al. ” Robust control for micro grid frequency deviation reduction with attached storage system.” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 6.2 (2015): 557-
- Li, H..etal. “Adaptive voltage control with distributed energy resources: Algorithm, theoretical analysis, simulation, and field test verification.” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems 25.3 (2010): 1638- 1647.
- Es pi, J. M., et al. “An adaptive robust predictive current control for three-phase grid- connected inverters. ” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 58.8 (2011): 3537-3546.
- Li, H., Shi, K. L., & McLaren, P. G.” Neural- network- based sensor less maximum wind energy capture with compensated power coefficient. IEEE transactions on industry applications 41.6 (2005): 1548-1556.
- Jang, J. R. “ANFIS: adaptive-network-based fuzzy inference system IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics 23.3 (1993): 665- 685.
- Smith, J. W., et al . “Smart inverter volt/var control functions for high penetration of PV on distribution systems. ” Power Systems Conference and Exposition (PSCE), 2011 IEEE/PES. IEEE, 2011.
- Rizy, D. T., et al. “Volt/Var control using inverter-based distributed energy resources.” 2011 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting. IEEE, 2011.
- Jahangiri, P., & Aliprantis, D. C. “Distributed Volt/VAr control by PV inverters.” IEEE Transactions on power systems 28.3 (2013): 3429- 3439.
- Camacho, A., et al. “Flexible voltage support control for three-phase distributed generation inverters under grid fault.” IEEE transactions on industrial electronics 60.4 (2013): 1429-1441
- Miret, J., et al. “Control scheme with voltage support capability for distributed generation inverters under voltage sags.” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 28.11 (2013): 5252-5262.
- Chakraborty, C., Iu, H. H. C., & Lu, D. D. C. “Power converters, control, and energy management for distributed generation.” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 62.7 (2015): 4466-4470.
- Miñambres-Marcos, V., et al. “Grid-connected photovoltaic power plants for helping node voltage regulation.” Renewable Power Generation, IET 9.3 (2015): 236-244.
- Meza, J. L., Santibáñez, V., Soto, R., & Llama, M. A. “Fuzzy self-tuning PID semi global regulator for robot manipulators.” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 59.6 (2012): 2709-2717.
- Youness, H., Moness, M., & Khaled, M. “MPSoCs and multicore microcontrollers for embedded PID control: A detailed study.” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 10.4 (2014): 2122-2134.
- Yu, J., & Liu, C. “Design of self-tuning PID controller with fuzzy variable parameters based on LabView.” Information and Automation,2015 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Dehghani, A., & Khodadadi, H. “Fuzzy Logic Self-Tuning PID control for a single-link flexible joint robot manipulator in the presence of uncertainty.” Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2015 15th International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.
- Altin, N., & Sefa, I. “d SPACE based adaptive neuro-fuzzy controller of grid interactive inverter.” Energy Conversion and Management 56(2012): 130-139.
- Kabir, M. N., et al. “Coordinated control of grid-connected photovoltaic reactive power and battery energy storage systems to improve the voltage profile of a residential distribution feeder.” IEEE Transaction son industrial Informatics 10.2 (2014): 967-977.