SIMULATION OF ZVS CUK CONVERTER USING PSIM
Author’s Name : Nagulapati Kiran
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 25-27
A Zero Voltage Switching (ZVS) Cuk converter is presented in this paper to reduce the switching losses of main switch. An auxiliary switch and a clamp capacitor are connected in parallel with the main switch to absorb all the energy stored in the leakage inductance of the transformer. The ZVS operation of main switch is achieved by the resonance with the resonant inductor and output capacitor of main switch. The ZVS operation of auxiliary switch is achieved by the resonance with the resonant inductor and the clamp capacitor. Therefore, both switches are turned on at ZVS. The principle of operation,system analysis and design consideration are presented. Finally, simulations based on an 270W(18V/15A) are provided for the proposed converter.
Zero Voltage switching (ZVS) Cuk converter, Active clamp technique, Soft switching
- B.Choi, W.Lim, S.Bang, and S.Choi, “Small-Signal Analysis and Control Design of Asymmetrical Half-Bridge DC-DC Converters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53, no. 2, pp.511-520, April 2006.
- X.Xu, A.M.Khambadkone, T.M.Leong, and R.Oruganti, “A1-MHz Zero-Voltage Switching Asymmetrical Half-Bridge DC/DC Converter: Analysis and Design,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 1, pp.105-113, Jan 2006.
- B.Choi, and W.Lim, “Current-mode control to enhance closed-loop Performance of asymmetrical half-bridge DC-DC converters”, IEEE Proc. – Electric Power Appl, vol. 152, no.2,pp. 416-422, March, 2005.
- B.R.Lin, K.Huang, and D.Wang, “Analysis and implementation of full bridge converter with current double rectifier”, IEEE Proc. – Electric Power Appl., vol.152, no. 5,pp. 1193-1202, September, 2005.
- Yungtack, J.M.M.Jovanovic, and Y.M.Chang, “A new ZVS PWM full-bridge converter”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron.,vol.18, no.5, pp.1122-1129, Septemter, 2003.
- C.A.Canesin, and I.Barbi, “Novel zero-current-switching PWM converters”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 1997, vol.44,no. 3, pp. 372-381, May 1997.
- G.Hua, and F.C.Lee, “Soft-switching techniques in PWM converters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 1995, vol. 42, no. 6,pp. 595-603, November 1995.
- Q.M.Li, and F.C.Lee, “Design consideration of the active lamp forward converter with current mode control during large-signal transient”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 18,no. 4, pp. 958-965, July, 2003.
- G.B.Koo, G.W.Moon, and M.J.Youn, “Analysis and design of phase shift full bridge converter with two series-connected transformers,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., v ol.19, no. 2,pp. 411- 419, March,2004.
- B.S.Lim, H.J.Kim, W.S.Chung, “A self-driven active clamp forward converter using the auxiliary winding of the powertransformer”, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. II, Analog and Digit.Signal Process., Vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 549-551, Oct. 2004.
- M.Mezaroba, D.C.Martins, and I.Barbi, “A ZVS PWM inverter with active voltage clamping using the reverse recovery energy of the diodes”, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. I,Fundamental Theory and Applic., vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 2219-2226, Oct. 2005.