ANALYSIS OF IMPROVEMENT IN DIRECT TORQUE CONTROL OF THREE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR USING FLC TECHNIQUE
Author’s Name : Brundha R | Vaikundaselvan B
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 26-30
This paper presents the use of a Fuzzy logic controller and PI controller technique to emulate the traditional switching look up table method for induction motor Direct Torque Control(DTC)obtaining optimal switching patterns for torque ripple reduction.The aim of this paper is to analyze DTC principles, the standards and the problems associated with its implementation and the possible improvements using optimization technique .In optimization technique fuzzy logic is implemented to minimize the torque ripple. The proposed technique reduces torque ripple compared to PI Controller technique and results in low acoustic noise also increases the switching frequency of the inverter. Experimental results are reported using MATLAB/SIMULINK software.
DTC, Fuzzy Logic, PI,Torque Ripple, Two -Level Converter
- ABB Drives Technical guide No.1, ‘Direct Torque Control-the world’s most advanced AC drive technology Manual’.
- Blaschke. F, (1988). ‘The principle of field-orientation as applied to the transvector closed-loop control system for rotating-field machines’,Siemens Rev., vol. 34, pp. 135-147.
- Buja. G. S and Kazmierkowski. M. P, ‘DTC of pwm inverter-fed motors – A Survey’, iEEE Trans. on Ind. Eiec., volume 54, No. 4.
- Boldea. I, Nasar. S.A, (2007), ‘Torque Vector Control(TVC) , A Class of fast and robust torque Speed and position digitalControllers for electrical drives ‘,EMPS. VOL :15 ,pp:135-148.
- ‘Direct Flux and Torque Control of Induction Motor Drive for Speed Regulator using PI and Fuzzy Logic Controllers’ (ICAESM -2012).
- Domenico Casadei, et al, (2002), ‘FOC and DTC: Two Viable Schemes for Induction Motors Control’, IEEE Trans. On Power Electronics, Vol. 17, No. 5, Sept.Edison Roberto C, et al, ( 2011), ‘Pulsewidth modulation strategies’ IEEE Ind. Electron.,Magazine, no.2, pp.37-45.
- Grabowski .P.Z, et al, (2000), ‘A simple direct-torque neuro-fuzzy control of PWM-inverter-fed induction motor drive’, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 47, pp. 863–870,.
- Hazzab .Z, et al, (2007), ‘Real Time Implementation of Fuzzy Gain Scheduling of PI Controller for Induction Motor Machine Control, Neural Processing Letters 24:203-215
- Habetler.T.G, et al, (2009), ‘Direct torque control of induction motor using space vector modulation,’IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., vol. 28, pp. 1045–1053.