LOAD FREQUENCY CONTROL OF THREE AREA POWER SYSTEM USING BACTERIAL FORAGING OPTIMIZATION
Author’s Name : Er Puneet Garg | Dr Gursewak Singh Brar
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 15-20
In the recent times there has been increase in the interconnected systems as far power systems are concerned due to increase in load demand. Load as well as power flow in the tie lines are varying dynamically. This robust control could be achieved with the help of BFO in the place of traditional system using proportional, PI and PID controllers. This is due to the fact that gain constants in the case of conventional controllers remain same throughout, for changes in the load value. But both active and reactive power demand is never study and change perpetually with rising and falling trend. So as to get rid of these disadvantages related to conventional controllers, number of schemes have been put forth in literature. The bacterial foraging optimization Algorithm technique is being developed, which is applied to load frequency control in a three area interconnected power system. The performance of the system is obtained by MATLAB Simulink tool.General hit and trial method in the simulation has some demerits which have insisted on using BFOA for obtaining the desired values of the different parameters. This will help the industries concerning power for simpler as well as cheaper realization of the governor. The Bacteria Foraging Algorithm is relatively faster in optimization such that there is drop in the computational load and also minimum use of computer resource utilization.
Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Load Frequency Control(LFC), Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm (BFOA),Change In Frequency(Del F), Proportional Gain(Kp)
- Preeti hooda preeti hooda et al int. journal of engineering research and applications issn : 2248-9622, vol. 4, issue 6 version 1), june 2014, pp.113-118
- I. J Nagrath and D. P Kothari Modern power system analysis- TMH 1993.
- Elgerd Ol. Electric energy systems theory- an introduction, 2nd ed.Tata McGrawHill:2000
- Elgerd Ol. Fosha C,”Optimal megawatt frequency control of multi area electric energy systems”, IEEE Trans Electric Power Apparatus System, vol.PAS-89, pp.556-63, 1970
- H.Bevrani, Y.Mitani and K.Tsuji, “Robust decentralised load frequency control using an iterative linear matrix inequalities algorithm”, IEE Pro. Gener. Transm. Distrib., vol.151, no.3, pp.347-354, 2004.
- 2012Wen Tan, “Unified tuning of PID load frequency controller for power systems via IMC”,IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol.25, no.1, pp.341-350, 2010.
- Adil Usman BP Divakar “Simulation study of load frequency control of single and two area systems”. IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference, pp.214-219.
- LC Saikia “Automatic Generation Control of a combined cycle gas turbine plant with classical controllers using firefly algorithm”, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol.53, pp. 27-33, 2013
- I. J Nagrath and D. P Kothari Modern power system analysis- TMH 1993
- K. M. Passino, “Biomimicry of bacterial foraging for distributed optimization and control,” IEEE Control Syst. Mag., vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 52–67, Jun. 2002.
- Rita Saini, Rajiv Gupta,” Optimization of LFC using Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorith,” IJETCAS, ISSN:2279-0047 , pp 133-138
- Yao Zang, “Load Frequency Control of Multiple-Area Power Systems” Tsinghua University July, 2007 Master of science in Electrical Engineering.