EFFICIENT GRID CONNECTED INVERTER TO OVERCOME THE LOAD DISTURBANCE IN HYBRID ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM
Author’s Name : T.Thiruppathi | S.Andal | M.Varatharaj
Volume 03 Issue 02 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 27-31
Power has become an important source in our life as our need increases with demand. It became fourth basic need in this industrial area and is important to increase the source of energy. There are only two sources such as renewable and non-renewable energy sources, available in this world. Since the capital cost and transportation cost are high and also scarcity in source for non-renewable energy sources such as fossil fuels are increased, now human has to find an alternate for power generation with low capital cost investment. Renewable resources such as biomass, wind and sunlight are abundant in the world and reduce the risk of scarcity of non-renewable energy source demand. In this paper, photovoltaic array is utilized to supply the load. Interrupted power supply to load may reduce the output efficiency. In order to overcome this issue, DSP controller with boost converter along with a battery is employed to reduce the issue of interruption of power.
Photovoltaic array, Boost converter, DSP controller, Load, Power
- Yu Zhang* and Zhen Hue Jiang (2012) ‘Control and small-signal analysis of battery and super capacitor hybrid energy storage systems’ IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 43, N. 3,pp.769–776.
- Abbey, C. and Joes, G. (2007) ‘Super capacitor energy storage for wind energy applications’,IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp.769–776.
- Duryea, S., Islam, S. and Lawrence, W. (2001) ‘A battery management system for stand-alone photovoltaic energy systems’, IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.67–72.
- Earl, H., Kolar, J.W. and Zach, F.C. (2002) ‘A novel multicellular DC-AC converter for applications in renewable energy systems’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 49, No. 5, pp.1048–1057.
- GAO, L., Douglas, R.A. and Liu, S. (2003) ‘Active power sharing in hybrid battery/capacitor power sources’, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, Vol. 1, pp.497–503.
- Gao, L., Black welder, M.J. and Douglas, R.A. (2004) ‘Design and experimental tests of control strategies for active hybrid fuel cell/battery power sources’, Journal of Power Sources, Vol. 130, Nos. 1–2, pp.163–171. Kassel, G.K. and Singh, B. (2008) ‘Split capacitor VSC-based voltage and frequency controller for a stand-alone wind power generation’, Int. J. of Power Electronics, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.117–130.
- Lemofouet, S. and Refer, A. (2006) ‘A hybrid energy storage system based on compressed air and super capacitors with maximum efficiency point tracking (MEPT)’, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 4, pp.1105–1115.
- Linen, D., Buller, S., Karen, E. and De Dockers, R.W. (2003) ‘Analysis and evaluation of charge balancing circuits on performance, reliability and lifetime of super capacitor systems’, Industry Applications Conference, Vol. 3, pp.1589–1595