DC BUS VOLTAGE CONTROL OF PWM CONVERTERS IN PMSG IN WIND POWER SYSTEM
Author’s Name : Krishnamoorthy.M | Andal. S | M.Varatharaj
Volume 03 Issue 02 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 22-26
This project proposes the control strategies of back to back PWM converters in PMSG wind power system for the grid voltage. During Fault and the maximum power point tracking condition, the dc link voltage can be controlled at the machine side converter. While the grid side converter control the grid active power for maximum power point tracking. At the grid fault condition, the dc link voltage controller, the validity of this control algorithm has been verified by the simulation of the 2MW PMSG wind turbine system, the reactive power will be controlled into the machine side converter. The process of compensating real power and reactive is known as synchronization process. The power will be transfer into the grid the pulse width modulation real power compensation.
DC link voltage, pulse width modulation, controller.
- Tan Luong VAN, Thanh Dung NGUYEN, Thanh Trang TRAN, Huy Dung NGUYEN Advanced Converters in PMSG Control Strategy of Back-To-Back PWM Wind Power System IEEE Transactions on energy conversion 2015, vol.13.
- Chinchilla, M., S. Arnaltes and J. C. Burgos. Control Of Permanent-Magnet Generators Applied To Variable-Speed Wind Energy Systems Connected To The Grid. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2006, Vol. 21.
- Polinder, H., F. F. A Van Der Pijl and P. Tavner. Comparison of Direct-Drive and Geared Generator Concepts for Wind Turbines. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion. 2006, Vol. 21.
- Iov, F., A. D. Hansen, P. Sorensen and N. A. Cutululis. Mapping Of Grid Faults and Grid Codes. Technical Report Riso-R-1617(En). Roskilde, Riso National Laboratory, Technical University of Denmark, 2007.
- Saniter, C. And J. Janning. Test Bench for Grid Code Simulations for Multi-Mw Wind Turbines, Design and Control. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2008, Vol. 23.
- Jeon, J.-H., S.-K. Kim, C.-H. Cho, J.-B. Ahn and E.-S. Kim. Development of Simulator System for Micro-Grids with Renewable Energy Sources. Journal of Electrical Engineering And Technology. 2006, Vol. 1.