LOW FREQUENCY RIPPLE FREE MPPT BASED CONVERTER FOR GRID TIED PV SYSTEM
Author’s Name : D Nithyanandam | C Ramakrishnan
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 36-41
A substantial increase in the energy saving measurements has led to a remarkable growth of grid tied PV systems. A grid tied PV systems consisting of modular current fed dual active bridge DC-DC converter with cascaded multilevel inverter. Due to frequency voltage variations in the DC link it affects the performance of MPPT block and thus reduces the overall efficiency. The proposed power mitigation control based CFDAB model is implemented to prevent low frequency voltage variation propagating from DC link to PV side. This module is simulated using MATLAB/Simulink. The experimental results are given to approve the performance of the system.
Current Fed Dual Active Bridge, Small Dc link capacitor, low frequency ripple, MPPT, high-frequency link
- B. K. Bose, “Global warming: Energy, environmental pollution, and the impact of power electronics,” IEEE Ind. Electron. Mag., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 6-17, Mar. 2010.
- M. Malinowski, K. Gopakumar, J. Rodriguez and M. A. Perez, “A survey on cascaded multilevel inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2197-2206, Jul. 2010.
- S. Harb, and R. S. Balog, “Reliability of candidate photovoltaic module-integrated-inverter (PV-MII) topologies – A usage model approach,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 3019-3027, Jun. 2013.
- L. Liu, H. Li, Y. Xue, and W. Liu, “Decoupled active and reactive power control for large-scale grid-connected photovoltaic systems using cascaded modular multilevel converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 176-187, Jan 2015.
- L. Liu, H. Li, Y. Xue, and W. Liu, “Reactive power compensation and optimization strategy for grid-interactive cascaded photovoltaic systems,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 188-202, Jan 2015.
- H. Hu , S. Harb , N. Kutkut , I. Batarseh and Z. John Shen, “Power decoupling techniques for micro-inverters in PV systems-a review,” in Proc IEEE Energy Convers. Congr. Expo., Sep. 2010, pp. 3235-3240.
- Reliability prediction for electronic equipment, Doc. MIL-HDBK-217X, United States Dept. Defence, Washington, DC, Dec. 1991.
- G. Petrone, G. Spagnuolo, R. Teodorescu, M. Veerachary and M. Vitelli, “Reliability issues in photovol taic power processing systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol.55, no.7, pp. 2569-2580. Jul. 2008.
- T. Shimizu, K. Wada, and N. Nakamura, “A flyback-type single phase utility interactive inverter with low-frequency ripple current reduction on the DC input for an AC photovoltaic module system,” in Proc. IEEE 33rd Annu. Power Electron. Spec. Conf., Jun. 2002, vol. 3, pp. 1483-1488.
- J. Knight, S. Shirsavar, and W. Holderbaum, “An improved reliability Cuk based solar inverter with sliding mode control,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1107-1115, Jul. 2006.
- W. Bower, R. West, and A. Dickerson, “Innovative PV micro-inverter topology eliminates electrolytic capacitors for longer lifetime,” in Proc. IEEE 4th World Conf. Photovolt. Energy Convers., May 2006, vol. 2, pp. 2038-2041.
- C. Sullivan, J. Awerbuch, and A. Latham, “Decrease in photovoltaic power output from ripple: Simple general calculation and the effect of partial shading,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron, vol. 28, pp. 740-747, Feb. 2013.
- S. B. Kjaer, J. K. Pedersen, and F. Blaabjerg, “A review of single-phase grid-connected inverters for photovoltaic modules,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1292-1306, Sep./Oct. 2005.
- N. Femia , G. Petrone , G. Spagnuolo and M. Vitelli “A technique for improving P&O MPPT performances of double-stage grid-connected photovoltaic systems”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 4473-4482, Nov. 2009.
- B. York , W. Yu and J.-S. Lai, “An integrated boost resonant converter for photovoltaic applications,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 1199-1207, Mar. 2013.
- Y. Shi, L. Liu, H. Li, Y. Xue, “A single-phase grid-connected PV converter with minimal dc-link capacitor and low-frequency ripple-free maximum power point tracking,” in Proc. IEEE Energy Convers. Congr. Expo., Sep. 2013, pp. 2385-2390.
- Yuxiang Shi,Yaosuo Xue, Optimized operation of Current-Fed Dual Active Bridge DC-DC Converter for PV Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics,Vol.62,NO.11,November 2015