HIGH GAIN VOLTAGE DC-DC CONVERTER BASED ON THREE-STATE SWITCHING CELL FOR BATTERY CHARGING USING PV SYSTEM
Author’s Name : M Vignesh | G Abirami
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 21-28
The Renewable energy source is large, due to the perceptive energy in the day today life. This paper present moment a novel high voltage gain boost converter topography based on three state commutation cell for battery charging using Photo Voltaic panel to reduce ripples in output and its shortened number of conversion stages. The proposed converter operates in zero voltage switching of entire switches. By utilizing the modern concept of single stage access, the converter can produce a dc bus with battery bank or a photovoltaic panel array, allowing the concurrent charging of the batteries according to emission level. In this paper analyze the output voltage ripple by using perturb and observe (P&O) algorithm. Simulation is concluded by using the MATLAB/SIMULINK software.
Battery Charger, Step up DC-DC power conversion, Three port converter, PV power systems, MPPT Techniques (P&O) Algorithm, Quasi Switched Capacitors.
- C. K. Cheung, S. C. Tan, C. K. Tse, and A. Ioinovici, “On energy efficiency of switched-capacitor converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 862–876, Feb. 2013.
- K. Zou, M. Scott, and J. Wang, “Switched-capacitor cell based voltage multipliers and dc-ac inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1598–1609, Sep./Oct. 2012.
- S. M.Chen,T. J.Liang,L. S.Yang,andJ. F.Chen,“A cascaded high step up DC-DC converter with single switch for micro source applications,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1146–1153, 2010.
- Y. Bo, L. Wuhua, W. Jiande, Z. Yi, and H. Xiangning, “A grid-connected PV power system with high step-up ZVT interleaved boost converter,” in Proc. 34th Annu. Conf. IEEE Ind. Electron., 2008, pp. 2082–2087.
- G. A. L. Henn, R. N. A. L. Silva, P. P. Prac¸a, L. H. S. C. Barreto, and D. S.Oliveira,“ Interleaved boost converter with high voltage gain ”IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 2753–2761, Nov. 2010.
- F. L. Tofoli, D. de Souza Oliveira, R. P. TorricoBascop´e, and Y. J. A.Alcazar,“Novel non isolated high-voltage gain DC–DC converters based on 3SSC and VMC,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 3897–3907, Sep. 2012.
- Y.Alcazar, D.deSouza Oliveira, F.Tofoli and R.Torrico-Bascope,“DC- DC non isolated boost converter based on the three-state switching cell and voltage multiplier cells,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., to be published.
- S.de Oliveira ,and C. G. C.Branco,“A high step-up DC-DC converter based on three-state switching cell,” IEEE Int. Symp. Ind. Electron., vol. 2, pp. 998–1003, Jul. 9–13, 2006.
- L. S. Garcia, L. C. de Freitas, G. M. Buiatti, E. A. A. Coelho,V. J. Farias, and L. C. G. Freitas, “Modeling and control of a single-stage current source inverter with ampliﬁed sinusoidal output voltage,” in Proc. 27th Annu.IEEEAppl.PowerElectron.Conf.Expo.,Feb.5–9,2012,pp.2024– 2031.
- L. G. Junior, M. A. G. de Brito, L. P. Sampaio, and C. A. Canesin, “ Evaluation of integrated inverter topologies for low power PV systems,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Clean Elect. Power, Jun. 14–16, 2011, pp. 35–39.
- A. G. de Brito, L. P. Sampaio, L. G. Junior, R. B. Godoy, and C. A. Canesin, “New integrated Zeta and Cuk inverters intended for standalone and grid connected applications,” in Proc. Power Electron. Conf., Sep. 11–15, 2011, pp. 657–663.
- H. Ci-Ming, Y. Lung-Sheng, L. Tsorng-Juu, and C. Jiann-Fuh, “Novel bidirectional DC-DC converter with high step-up/down voltage gain,” in Proc. Energy Convers. Congr.Expo., 2009, pp. 60–66.
- Li Wuhua, Weichen Li, Deng Yan, and He Xiangning, “Single-stage single-phase high-step-up ZVT boost converter for fuel-cell micro grid system,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 12, pp. 3057–3065, Dec. 2010.
- L. H. S. Barreto, P. P. Prac¸a, D. S. Oliveira, Jr., and R. P. T. Bascop´ e, “Single-stage topologies integrating battery charging, high voltage step up and photovoltaic energy extraction capabilities,”Electron.Lett.,vol.47, no. 1, pp. 49–50, Jan. 2011.
- L. H. S. C. Barreto, P. P. Prac¸a, G. A. L. Henn, R. A. C ˆ amara, N. A. L. S. Ranoyca, and D. S. Oliveira, “High voltage gain boost converter battery charger applied to PV systems,” in Proc. 26th Annu. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo., Mar. 2011, pp. 1526–1531.
- L. H. S. C. Barreto, P. P. Praca, G. A. L. Henn, R. N. A. L. Silva, and D. S. Oliveira, “Single stage high voltage gain boost converter with voltage multiplier cells for battery charging using photovoltaic panels,” in Proc. 27th Annu. IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo., Feb. 2012, pp. 364–368.
- Y.Alcazar,D.deSouzaOliveira, F.Tofoli and R.Torrico-Bascope,“ DC-DC nonisolated boost converter based on the three-state switching cell and voltage multiplier cells,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron.,