A UNIFIED POWER MANAGEMENT STRATEGY FOR A GRID CONNECTED PV HYBRID ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM
Author’s Name : S Nilesh | S Jayashree
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 13-20
The Advancement of energy management tools for next generation is Photovoltaic (PV) installations, including storage units, maintain flexibility to distribution system operators. In this project deals with the hybrid power system consisting of renewable energy sources to supply the isolated sites without interruption which represent a viable and sustainable solution. The HESS is composed of a two Energy Storage devices (ESD), Super-capacitor (SC) and a battery. A single phase grid interactive voltage source converter performs the main function of real power transfer along with ancillary services like current harmonics mitigation, reactive power support and power factor improvement at the point of common coupling (PCC).Active participation of super capacitor/battery control to handle sudden/average changes in power surges results in fast DC link voltage regulation, efficient energy management and reduced current stress on battery.
Battery, power quality features, renewable grid integration, super-capacitor, voltage source inverter
- F. Inthamoussou, J. Pegueroles-Queralt, and F. Bianchi, “Control of a supercapacitor energy storage system for microgrid applications,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 690–697, Sep. 2013
- N. Tummuru, Mahesh K. Mishra, and S. Srinivas, “Integration of PV/battery hybrid energy conversion system to the grid with power quality improvement features,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Ind. Technol., Jan. 2013, pp. 1751–1756.
- Wangxin Huang and Jaber A. Abu Qahouq, “Distributed battery energy storage system architecture with energy sharing control for chargebalancing”, in Proc. 29th, IEEE Appl. Power Electron. Conf. Expo., Mar. 2014, pp. 1126-1130.
- H. Yin, C. Zhao, M. Li, and C. Ma, “Optimization based energy control for battery/super-capacitor hybrid energy storage systems,” in proc. Of IECON, Nov 2013, pp. 6764–6769.
- A. Gee, F. Robinson, and R. Dunn, “Analysis of battery lifetime extension in a small-scale wind-energy system using supercapacitors,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 24–33, Mar. 2013.
- J. Zheng, T. Jow, and M. Ding, “Hybrid power sources for pulsed current applications,” IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron. Syst., vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 288–292, Jan 2001.
- R. Dougal, S. Liu, and R. White, “Power and life extension of batteryultracapacitor hybrids,” IEEE Trans. Compon. Packag. Technol., vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 120–131, Mar 2002.
- A. Melero-Perez, W. Gao, and J. Fernandez-Lozano, “Fuzzy logic energy management strategy for fuel cell/ultracapacitor/battery hybrid vehicle with multiple-input dc/dc converter,” in IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, Dec. 2009, pp. 199–206.
- S. Teleke, M. Baran, S. Bhattacharya, and A. Huang, “Rule-based control of battery energy storage for dispatching intermittent renewable sources,” IEEE Trans. on Sus. Energy, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 117–124, Oct.2010.
- B. Hredzak, V. Agelidis, and M. Jang, “A model predictive control system for a hybrid battery-ultracapacitor power source,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 1469–1479, Mar. 2014.
- M. Glavin, P. Chan, S. Armstrong, and W. Hurley, “A stand-alone photovoltaic supercapacitor battery hybrid energy storage system,” in IEEE Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2008, pp. 1688–1695.
- W. Li and G. Joos, “A power electronic interface for a battery supercapacitor hybrid energy storage system for wind applications,” in IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, 2008, pp. 1762–1768.
- Z. Guoju, T. Xisheng, and Q. Zhiping, “Research on battery supercapacitor hybrid storage and its application in microgrid,” in Power and Energy Engineering Conference. IEEE, 2010,pp.
- F. Ongaro, S. Saggini, and P. Mattavelli, “Li-ion battery-supercapacitor hybrid storage system for a long lifetime, photovoltaic-based wireless sensor network,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 27, no. 9, pp. 3944–3952, Sep. 2012.