AN IMPROVED INVERTER SYSTEM FOR UPS APPLICATIONS
Author’s Name : Vidhya M | Sritha P | S Bhuvaneswari
Volume 02 Issue 04 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 5-10
This paper proposes the performance improvement of the power converters in Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) based on size reduction, efficiency improvement and power quality. The traditional UPS consists of step up transformer or dc-dc chopper to boost the voltage which decreases the efficiency, reduces the power quality and leads to increase the cost of energy conversion. Many PWM techniques are available for inverter switching. This paper introduces the concept of space vector modulation for four wire voltage source inverters. The Space vector modulation scheme generates the inverter leg switching time from the sampled reference phase voltage amplitudes. It involves sector identification and lookup tables. The four wire inverters are used in many applications to handle the neutral current caused by the unbalanced and non-linear load. The Space Vector Modulation (SVM) for four wire voltage source inverter is simulated using MATLAB/SIMULINK model for two level output voltages. Further the results are analyzed for various loading conditions for two level output voltage waveform.
Inverter, Space Vector Modulation, THD
- Muhammad H Rashid, “Power Electronics, Circuits, Devices and Applications”.
- Bimal.K.Bose,”Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives”.
- Armando Bellini and Stefano Bifaretti “Modulation Techniques for Three-Phase Four-Leg Inverters” Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Power Systems, Lisbon, Portugal, September 22-24, 2006.
- Richard Zhang, V. Himamshu Prasad, Dushan Boroyevich and Fred C.Le “Three-Dimensional space Vector Modulation for Four –Leg Voltage-Source Converters” IEEE Trans Power Electron, vol.17, no.3,May 2002.
- Salem M. Ali Marian and P. Kazmierkowski “PWM Voltage and Current Control of Four-Leg VSI”IEEE 1998
- Analysis and Realization of a Pulse width Modulator Based on Voltage Space VectorsHenz Willi Van Broeck, Hans-Christoph Skudelny, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Applications, vol24, no.1,January 1988
- H Pinheiro,F Botteron,C Rech,L Shuch,R F Camarg,H A Grundling, J R Pinherio, “Space Vector Modulation for Voltage Source Inverter: A unified Approach, IEEE Annual Conference vol.1, pp 23-29, 2002
- Alexandru Savulescu, “The Analysis and Simulation of the SVM Generator used for the Control of Electric Drives with Asynchronous Motors”, 6 th International Conference on Electro mechanical and Power Systems, October 2007