GRID INTERFACED SOLAR ENERGY SOURCE WITH POWER QUALITY IMPROVEMENT USING SHUNT ACTIVE POWER FILTER
Author’s Name : Mohanapriya V | Manimegalai V
Volume 02 Issue 02 Year 2015 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 22-25
The present modern power system is getting more complex and dynamic day by day. These Dynamic changes can be effectively handled by integrating renewable sources to the grid. The optimal usage of renewable sources will improve the overall performance of the electrical utility. Renewable energy sources and non-linear loads connected to grid have adverse effects on the power quality of the system. This paper presents PI control based Active Power Filter (APF) to improve the power quality of the grid at source side with effective integration of renewable sources. The model presents optimal usage of renewable sources and avoids the usage of battery by replacing with solar energy unit (SEU). The performance of proposed model with PI controller based APF is validated using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Renewable Energy, Distributed Generation, Power quality, Photo Voltaic, shunt Active filter, control Algorithm
- Bert Renders, Koen De Gussemé, et. al (2008), “Distributed Generation for Mitigating Voltage Dips in Low-Voltage Distribution grids”, IEEE transactions on power delivery, Vol 23, No. 3.pp:1581- 1588.
- G.Sundar, M.Jayanthi , I.Poovizhi (2014), “Hardware implementation approach for power quality improvement at distribution level by renewable energy sources”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 9, Issue: 24, pp:28031-28044.
- Pai Fu Sheng, Hung Shyh-Iier (2008). “Design and operation of power converter for micro turbine powered distributed generator with capacity expansion capability”. IEEE Trans Energy Convers;Vol 23,No.1, pp: 110–116.
- Graovac Dusan, Katic Vladimir A, Rufer Alfred (2007), “Power quality problems compensation with universal power quality conditioning system”, IEEE transactions on power delivery, Vol 22, pp:968–997.
- Josep M. Guerrero et. al (2004), “A Wireless Controller to Enhance Dynamic Performance of Parallel Inverters in Distributed Generation Systems”, IEEE Transactions On Power Electronics, Vol. 19, No. 5,pp:1205-1213.
- Uffe Borup (2001), “Sharing of Nonlinear Load in Parallel- Connected Three- Phase Converters”, IEEE Transactions On Industry Applications, Vol. 37, No.6,pp:1-7.
- Frede Blaabjerg et. al (2006), “Overview of Control and Grid Synchronization for Distributed Power Generation Systems”, IEEE Transactions On Industrial Electronics, Vol 53, No.5,pp:1398-1409
- Hima. V, Leela, S. Thai Subha (2013), “Control of Power Converter for Power Quality Improvement in a Grid Connected PV System” International Conference on Circuits, Power and Computing Technologies [ICCPCT].vol 2,No.3,pp:905-909.
- Habbati Bellia, Ramdani Youcef, Moulay Fatima (2014), “Detailed modeling of Photovoltaic module using MATLAB”, NRIAG Journal of Astronomy and Geophysics.Vol:3,No:1,pp:53-61.
- Harini M., Ramaprabha R. and Mathur B. L ( 2012), “Modeling of grid connected Hybrid wind/pv Generation system using MATLAB” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences; Vol. 7, No. 9,pp:1157-1161.
- Jintakosonwit P, Fujita H, Akagi H, Ogasawara S (2003), “Implementation and performance of cooperative control of shunt active filters for harmonic damping throughout a power distribution system”. IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications; Vol 39,No.2, pp: 556–564.
- Mamatha Sandhu. E R et al (2014), “Issues, Challenges, Causes, Impacts and Utilization of Renewable Energy Sources Grid Integration”, Int J Engg research and applications., Vol. 4, No 3,pp.636-643
- Rivas D, Moran L, Dixon JW, Espinoza JR(2003). “Improving passive filter compensation performance with active techniques”, IEEE Transaction on Industry Electron,Vol 50,No.1, pp: 161–170.
- Roshan Haste, Avinash Matre ( 2014), “Power Quality Improvement in Grid Connected Renewable Energy Sources at Distribution Level”, International Conference on Circuit, Power and Computing, Vol:4,No:1, pp: 27-34
- Rahmani Bijan, Li Weixing, Liu Guihua ( 2015), “An advanced universal power quality conditioning system and MPPT method for grid integration of photo voltaic Systems”, Int J Electr Power Energy System’,Vol 69, pp: 76–84.
- Singh Mukhtiar, Chandra Ambrish, Varma Rajiv K (2011), “Grid interconnection of renewable energy sources at the distribution level with power-quality improvement features”. IEEE Transactions Power Delivery’,vol 20,No.3, pp:307-315.
- Sreya Grace Mathew, Fossy Mary Chacko et al (2014), “Power Quality Improvement in a Grid Connected Renewable Energy System”, International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Data Communication, Vol.2,No.10,pp:105-120
- S.Syed Ahmed, N. Sreekanth (2014), “Power Quality Improvement at Distribution Level for Grid Connected Renewable Energy Sources”, Vol. 4, No 9, pp: 41-45.
- K.Sailaja, M.Jyosthna Bai (2015), “Design of Shunt Active Power Filter by using An Advanced Current Control Strategy”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 02 No: 07, pp:75-89.
- Sudheer Kasa, Prabhu Ramanathan, Sudha Ramasamy, D.P. Kothari (2016), “Effective grid interfaced renewable sources with power quality improvement using dynamic active power filter”, Elsevier, Vol 2 , pp: 150