FAULT ANALYSIS AND PROTECTION SYSTEM USNIG SENSORS
Author’s Name : Mr R Prassanakumar | Mr L Boopathi | G Kirupakaran | Mr I Parthiban | Mr S Gokul
Volume 01 Issue 04 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 1-4
The aim of the project is to analyse the fault from under-voltage/over-voltage and overheating conditions. The main types of external faults experienced by these motors are over loading, single phasing, unbalanced supply voltage, phase reversal and ground faults. The machine should be shut down immediately when a fault is experienced so as to avoid damage of the system
IM, under voltage, Single Phasing, Over Current, Phase Reversal
- Manish Paul, Antara Chaudhury, Snigdha Saikia (2015), “Hardware Implementation of Over voltage and Under voltage Protection”,IJIREEICE Vol. 3, Issue 6, June 2015, ISSN(Online) 2321-2004.
- Silicon institute of technology, “Power quality problem identification and protection scheme for low voltage system”, Orissa, November 2010.
- G. Yaleinkaya, M. H. J. Bollen and P.A. Crossley (1999), “Characterization of voltage sags in industrial distribution systems”, IEEE transactions on industry applications, vol.34, no. 4, pp. 682-688, July/August.
- C. H. Vithalani, “Over-Under Voltage Protection of Electrical Appliances”, August 2003,Electronics for You.
- EPRI Project Manager R. Schainker, System Compatibility Research Project, “Effects of Temporary Over voltage on Residential Products”, 1008540 Final Report,March 2005
- Hopkinson, R. H., “Ferroresonant Over voltage Control Based on TNA Tests on Three-Phase Delta-Wye Transformer Banks,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol.86, pp. 1258–65, October 1967.
- Article, “Over voltage Under voltage load Protection”, website:
http://www.nevonprojects.com/Over-voltage-Under-voltage- load-protection.html , last Accessed 27 September 2015.
- LAMARCHE, Paper, “Controlled Ferroresonant Technology”, Volume 1, Issue 2, November 2006.