CERTAIN INVESTICATION OF LONG RANGE COMMUNICATION FOR EMERGENCY VECHICLE
Author’s Name : Mrs S Saritha | N Prabu | S Priya | V Ramkumar | J Satheeshkumar
Volume 01 Issue 02 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 24-27
In the present world, with the growing number of vehicles, traffic has increased to a very greater extent. This mainly has a major impact on the vehicles dealing with an emergency situation .The system employs assistance to such emergency vehicles without any human effort. Conventional technologies use the manual or semi manual systems. Manual system uses the manpower. The semi manual methods use the fixed interval traffic light and image processing which do not distinguish between the emergency and other vehicles. In this Project IOT based Android Application will display the current Railway cross status, Traffic signal Status, Heavy Traffic status and Alternative Path selection. By using our IOT based Android Application in smart phone the drive can reach the target in time. The goal of this Project is to develop a IOT based Android Application for the Emergency Vehicle to reach the target in time. As an emerging technology, IoT enables a machine-to- machine connectivity without a network infrastructure. Therefore, IoT is strongly considered a technology for communications in emergency environments. Especially, a WiFi protocol is under standardization as IEEE 802.11 ah for IoT-based long-range communications. However, the service range is not enough to cover a communication area in emergency situations. This paper addresses a consumer transceiver for long range communications of IoT in emergency environments. The transceiver is based on IEEE 802.11 ah WiFi protocol which is under standardization for low-cost and low-power service.
Consumer transceiver, WiFi, IoT communications
- M. Song, S. Chang, and Y.-T. Lee, “A wake-up consumer device for enhanced emergency alert service in T-DMB systems,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 286-294,Aug. 2015.
- K. Jun and S. Chang, “An interference- aware clustering based on genetic algorithm for cell broadcasting service,” IEICE Trans. Fund., vol. e96-a, no. 12, pp. 2740-2744, Dec. 2013.
- M. Song, K. Jun, and S. Chang, “An efficient multiplexing method of T-DMB and cell broadcast service in emergency alert systems,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 549-557,Nov. 2014.
- S.-J. Choi, D.-B. Kwon, J.-Y. Kim, K.-S. Oh,T.-U. Chang, and Y.-K. Hahm, “Design of T- DMB automatic emergency alert service standard: part 1 requirements analysis,” Journal of Broadcast Engineering, vol. 12, pp. 230-241, 2007.
- Y.-H. Lee, G. Kim, S.-R. Park, Y.-T.Lee, andN. Kim, “An efficient emergency broadcasting signal multiplexing method for supporting the legacy T-DMB receivers in break-in system,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1550-1555, Nov. 2011.M.-S. Baek, Y.-H. Lee, G. Kim, S.-R.
- Park, and Y.-T. Lee, “Development of T- DMB emergency broadcasting system and trial service with the legacy receivers,” IEEE Trans. Consumer Electron., vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 38-44, Feb.2013.
- S. Tarkoma and H. Ailisto, “The internet of things program: the Finnish perspective,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 10-11, Mar.2013.
- A. Zanella, N, Bui, A. Castellani, L. Vangelista, and M. Zorzi, “Internet of things for smart cities,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 22-32, Feb. 2014.
- L. Catarinucci, D. de Donno, L. Mainetti, L. Palano, L. Patrono, M. L. Stefanizzi, and L. Tarricone, “An IoT- aware architecture for smart healthcare systems,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 515-526, Dec.2015.
- J. A. Stankovic, “Research directions for the internet of things,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3-9, Feb. 2014.
- IEEE P802.11ah™/D0.1: Wireless LAN medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications for sub 1 GHz license exempt operation, May 2013.
- W. Sun, M. Choi, and S. Choi, “IEEE 802.11ah: a long range 802.11 WLAN at sub 1 GHz,” Journal of ICT Standardization, vol. 1, pp. 83-108,May 2013.