WIRE LESS POWER TRANSFER FOR CHARGING ELECTRIC VEHICLE
Author’s Name : S Arivoli | V Sarankumar | T Nilantharaj | M Prabhu | V Prakash
Volume 01 Issue 02 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-2503 Page no: 15-18
Wireless power transfer system based wireless electric vehicles, classified into roadway powered electric vehicles and stationary charging electric vehicles are in the spot light as future main streams transportation. Roadway powered electrical vehicles(RPEV) are free from a serious battery problems such as large, heavy and expensive battery packs and long charging time because they get power directly from the road while moving. The power transfer capacity, efficiency, lateral tolerance, EMF, air gap, size, weight and cost of the WPTSs have been improved by virtues of innovative semiconductor switches, better coil designs, road way construction techniques, and higher operating frequency.
Wireless electric vehicle (WEV), roadway powered electric vehicle (RPEV)
- Liang chan, Ganesh R. Nagendre, John T. Boys, and Grant A. Covic, “Double-coupled systems for IPT roadway applications,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and selected Topics in Power Electron., Vol.3, no.1,pp.37-48, March 2015.
- Chang B. Park, Sung W. Lee, Gye H. Choi, and Chun T. Rim, “Innovative 5-m-off –distance inductive power transfer systems with optimally shaped dipole coils,” IEEE transaction on power electronics, vol.30,no.2,pp.817-827,Nov.2014.
- Ki B.Lee, Zeljko pantiv, and srdjan M. Lukic, “Reflexive field containment in dynamic inductive power transfer systems,” IEEE Trans. On power electron., vol 61, no. 3, pp. 1179-1192, Mar.2014.
- Grant A.Covic and John T. Boys, “Inductive power transfer” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol.29, no.9, pp. 4592-4602, 2014.
- J.Shine, S.Shine, Y.Kim, S.Ahn, S.Lee, G.Jung, S.Jeon, and D.Cho, “Design and implementation of shaped magnetic resonance based wireless power transfer system for roadway powered moving electric vehicles,”IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol 61, no. 3, pp. 1179-1192, Mar,2014.
- J.Kim, Jong H.Kim, and Seung Y.Ahn, “Coil design and shielding methods for a magnetic resonant wireless power transfer system,” Proceeding of the IEEE, vol.101, no.6, pp.1332-1342, June 2013.
- John M.Miller, Omer C.Onar, and P.T.Jones,”ORNL developments in stationary and dynamic wireless charging,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition,2013.
- E.Mascarell “VICTORIA: Towards and intelligent e-mobility,” Unplugged final event 2015.
- Julio A.Ruiz “ITS system developing in malage,” second congress EU core net cities ,2014.
- Technical article eCarTec 2014 in INTIS website http://www.intis,de/intis/downloads_e.html.