MODIFIED AND IMPROVED MECHANISM OF SENDING RATE FOR VEHICULAR AD-HOC NETWORK
Author’s Name : AnithaPakiyaraj M | Sivaranjani M | Kalpana R | Kamali A | Mythili M | Sowmiya M
Volume 05 Issue 03 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 16 – 18
The performance of transport layer protocols degrades significantly when used over Vehicular Ad hoc networks which has a large bandwidth–delay product. This is primarily due to the exponential window growth algorithm in slow start phase and linear window growth algorithm in congestion control phase, employed by Jacobson based TCP variants. In this project, a non linear window growth algorithm that is based on different between current sending window size and maximum advertised window size which allows the transport layer protocol to perform well regardless of the network bandwidth delay product. The proposed window growth mechanism increased wisely that is high growth in slow sending window and slow growth in high sending window. The proposed algorithm is implemented and compared with existing transport layer protocols using network simulator (NS-2).The results shows that proposed algorithm performs well compared to others.
- LeinZhang,QianhongWu,Josep Domingo-Ferrer,Bo Qin and Chunyan Hu, 2017, “Distributed Aggregate Privacy-Preserving Authentication in VANET’s” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems Vol 18.NO 3.
- HanaaTorkey, GamalAttiya, Ibrahim Morsi.Z ,2012, “Modified Fast Recovery Algorithm for Performance Enhancement of TCP-NewReno” International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 40– No.12.
- SarikaAgarwal, Aarshi Jain, Ankit Chadha,2013, “CUBIC High-Speed Algorithms Implemented In Linux-2.6.31” International journal of innovative research ISSN: 2278 – 0211 (Online), vol 2 issue 3.
- Kun Tan Jingmin Song,Qian Zhang, MurariSridharan, 2013, “A Compound TCP Approach for High-speed and Long Distance Networks ”Improving Performance in High Speed Wide Area Networks”, in First International Workshop on Protocols for Fast Long Distance Networks (PFLDnet).
- Preetida Vinayakray-Jani1, SugataSanya ,2006, “Routing Protocols for Mobile and Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: A Comparative Analysis” Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,“28 pages, Version 1.1, pp. 1-28.