DESIGN OF SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS USING ADIABATIC LOGIC
Author’s Name : Mr Chandra Shekar P | Mrs Shalini V S
Volume 05 Issue 02 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 14-17
In the modern world one of the biggest challenges is to reduce the power consumption in electronic devices which will lead to longer battery life while maintaining high performance. Reduction of power consumption can be done by low power design. This can be achieved by adiabatic logic technique. In this paper, conventional CMOS circuits and ECRL circuits for flip flop for SR, JK, D& T are designed using Cadence Virtuoso Tool at 45nm process technology &Stimulated using Spectre. Power consumption of CMOS & ECRL flip flop is compared and computed.
Adiabatic, CMOS, Power Analysis, ECRL, Flip Flop, 45nm Technology
- Deepti Shinghal and Amit, “Adiabatic Logic Family” MIT International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, August 2013, pp. 108–114.
- Narinder Sharma, “Comparison of adiabatic and Conventional CMOS “International Journal of Computer Techniques – Volume1.
- Munish Mittal and Anil Khatak, “Design and Analysis of Energy Recovery Logic for Low Power Circuit” International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), National Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology.
- Deepti Shinghal and A.N. Mishra, “Design and Implementation of Adiabatic Latch” International Journal of Scientific Research and Management Studies (IJSRMS) Volume 2.
- A.Chandrakasan, S. Sheng and R. Brodersen, “Low-power CMOS digital design,” IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits, Vol. 27, No 4, pp. 473-484, April 1992.
- Mohamed Azeem Hafeez and Aziz Mushthafa, “Analysis of Adiabatic Circuit Approach for Energy Recovery Logics”, International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, pp. 702- 707, October, 2015.
- William C. At has, Lars “J.” Swenson, Jeffrey G. Keller, NestorasTzartzanis, and Eric Ying-Chin Chou, “Low-Power Digital Systems Based on Adiabatic switching Principles” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems, VOL. 2,NO. 4, DECEMBER 1994.
- Yanun Dai; Jizhong Shen “An explicit-pulsed double edge triggered JK flip flop”. IEEE Conference Publication, pp. 1-4, year 2009.
- UPwinder Kaur, Rajesh Mehra, “Low Power CMOS Counter Using Clock Gated Flip-Flop”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 796-798, year 2013.
- M. Sharma,K.G. Sharma , T. Sharma, B.P Singh, N.Arora,―Modified SET D-Flip Flop Design for Low-Power VLSI Applications‖, Indian International conference on Devices and Communication ,IEEE, pp. 1-5, 2011