FPGA BASED PULSE WIDTH MODULATION CONTROL FOR DC MOTOR
Author’s Name : Ms. Sharwari H. Chavan
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 24-26
DC Motor is been used in various applications and systems to control the different process. In such applications, the fundamental task of relevant systems is the control of DC motor. To avoid serious complications these applications require a precise speed governing of motor. There are several techniques to control the speed of motor. Aim of this paper is to design a “DC motor Control System” using ALTERA Cyclone IV-E 4CE115 FPGA device. Project is based on PWM technique. It is essential to program the device using VHDL or Verilog Programming Language. Here VHDL language is used to write program that will generate PWM signals. FPGA and digital control technique i.e. pulse width modulation is used due to its merits.
FPGA, PWM, DC Motor and Altera Cyclone IV
- Prof. C. S. Patil, Prof. R. R. Karhe and S. M. Mansute, “FPGA Based PWM Generation for Speed Control of an AC Induction Motor”, International Journal Of Scientific Research And Education,2015.
- Nandkishor P. Joshi and Ajay P. Thakare, “Speed Control Of DC Motor Using Analog PWM Technique”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology,2012.
- Sneha R. Kirnapure and Vijay R. Wadhankar, “Design and Implementation of Pulse Width Modulation Controller on FPGA using HDL”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology,2015.
- Payal Gupta, Honey Singh, Sonali Singh, Rhea Nath, Sandeep Gupta, “MODELING, SIMULATION AND FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF FULL BRIDGE INVERTER”,2013.
- Arvind Kumar1, Mrs. M. Valarmathi, “High Precision Stepper Motor Controller Implementation on FPGA with GUI on Lab-VIEW”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 4, April 2013.
- Mohini Ratna Chaurasia, NitinNaiyar, “A Research of a New Technique of Open Loop Control Algorithm for Stepper Motor Using CPLD”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-1, Issue-1, April-2012.
- Ashac.n, Mr. N.Jayakumar, “Fpga Implementation For Speed Monitoring And Control Of Dc Motor Using Soft Computing Technique Based Controller”, DOI 10.4010/2014.152 ISSN-2321 -3361 © 2014 IJESC.