DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ADVANCED VOTING SYSTEM USING MATLAB IMAGE PROCESSING WITH PICTURE PASSWORDS
Author’s Name : S Kiruthiga | J Priyadharshini | S Priyanka | M Priyanka
Volume 04 Issue 03 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 4 – 8
Elections form the backbone of our democracy wherein the people elect their political representatives and decide the composition of the government. Holding free and fair elections in a country in a highly secured and smart way is really a challenging task to Election commission. In today’s existing voting system polling takes place on one day and all the EVM’s will be sealed and collected from the polling booths to a secured place. After few days each EVM’s seal will be opened and number of votes casted for each party will be counted under the supervision of Chief Electoral Officer. This makes the vote counting process tedious. This paper comes up with an alternate solution for counting. Here each and every EVM’s placed in the polling booth will be linked to a web page via LAN connection. All votes casted in every EVM will be updated in the web page database. But all these details should be kept secured. For this purpose multiple images are chosen as passwords. By this way of authentication only the authorized person knows the correct image password and its tolerance level fixed. Hence he/she alone can view the end results. If this system is implemented then it makes today’s EVS efficient and secure.
EVM-Electronic Voting Machine,EVS- Electronic Voting System, EPLD- Electrically
Programmable Logic Devices, LAN-Local Area Network
- “Image based password authentication”- Prafulla P. Chandhari, Savita . Hajare, Poonam S. Bhusare, E & TC & Pune Univesity. Volume 5, Issue 2, Feb.
- “Usability of Electronic Voting System in India and Innovatory approach”-Anooshmita Das, Computer science and Engineering, NIT-Arunachal Pradesh. Volume 4, Issue 5, 2015.
- Bannet. J. Price , D.W. Rudys A. Justin singer and Dan S. Wallach, 2004. “Security Issues with Electronic voting Systems”. IEEE computer society, 1540-7993.
- G. E. Blonder, “Graphical Passwords”, in Lucent Technologies, Inc, Murray Hill, NJ, U.S.Patent,ed. United states,1996.
- Shrutika S. Yande et al, “Image Password based Authentication in an Android System”-Volume 5, Issue 9, September 2016.
- Mr. Mayur Patil, Mr. Vijay Pimplodkar, Ms. Anuja R. Zade, Mr. Vinit Vibhute, Mr. Ratnakar Ghade, Pune, India 2013.
- Website: www.mathworks.com , for brief study on different matlab commands.