A VIDEO-ANALYSIS-BASED LEVEL CROSSING USING MICROCONTROLLER
Author’s Name : B. VIJAYAPRIYA | M. DINESH KUMAR | P. DINESH KUMAR | J. JOTHIVEL
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 12-14
Safety and security are the most discussed topics in the road and railway transportation field. Latest security in itiatives in the field of railway transportation propose to implement video surveillance at level crossing (LC) environments. In this paper we explore the possibility of implementing a smart video surveillance security system that is tuned toward detecting and evaluating abnormal situations induced by users (pedestrians, vehicle drivers, and unattended objects) in LCs. In this paper, we propose a real-time embedded train recognition system for authentication for vehicle. The system is implemented on embedded platform and equipped with novel train recognition algorithm. Here using webcam, video is captured .In the pc section we have database were the authentication the matching will done .after that using RS232 module to transmitted authentication details. In the receiver section, to collect the transmitted details and given to PIC .The control unit is called PIC. After that identified until provided information to the buzzer and alert led’s.
Degree of danger, level crossing (LC), Background subtraction, tracking, video surveillance.
- A.Nelson,“The UK approach to managing risk at passive level crossings, ”in Proc.7th Int.Symp.Rail Road-Highway Grade Crossing Res. Safety ,2002,pp.1–11.
- H.Salmane, Y.Ruichek, and L.Khoudour, “Gaussian propagation model based dense optical flow for objects tracking, ”in Proc.ICIAR,2012, pp.234–244.
- H. Salmane ,Y. Ruichek, and L.K houdour,“Object trackin gusing Harris corner points based optical flow propagation and Kalman filter,”inProc. IEEE ITSC,2011,pp.67–73.
- L.Khoudour, M.Ghazel, F.Boukour, M.Heddebaut, and M.El-Koursi, “Toward ssafer level crossings: Existing recommendations, new applica- ble technologies and a proposed simulation model,”Eur.Transp. Res. Rev., vol.1,no.1,pp.35–45,Mar.2009.
- J.J.Garciaetal., “Efficient multisensory barrier for obstacle detectionon railways,”IEEE Trans. Intell.Transp. Syst.,vol.11,no.3,pp.702–713, Sep.2010.
- E.Schnieder, R.Slovak, E.M.ElKoursi, L.Tordai, and M.Woods, “A European contribution to level crossing safety, ”inProc.FOVUS, Stuttgart, Germany, Sep.2008,pp.222–228.
- Government’s IT Strategy Headquaters: New IT Reform Strategy, The Realization of Society, in Which Everyone Can Benefit From IT, Anytime and Anywhere, Jan.192006,19.
- L.Khoudouretal., “PAN safer project:Toward sasafer level crossing, ”presented at the 11th Level Crossing Symposium, Tokyo,Japan,2010.
- N.Fakhfakhet al.,“Background subtraction and 3 Dlocalization of mov- ing and stationary obstacles at level crossings,”inProc. Int.Conf. Image Process. Theory, Tools Appl., Paris, France, 2010,pp.72–78.
- A.Priolet tietal.,“Part -based pedestrian detection and feature-based tracking for driver assistance:Real-time,robust algorithms,and eval-uation,”IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst., vol.14, no.3,pp.72–74, Sep.2013.