LOAD BALANCED TRANSMISSION AND TRUST BASED PROTOCOL FOR MOBILE AD HOC NETWORKS
Author’s Name : K. Mohanaprakash | N. Kartheeban | D. Karthik | A.Lakshmanaprabu
Volume 03 Issue 01 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 5-8
In mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) a primary requirement for the establishment of in communication among nodes is that nodes should cooperate with each other. In the presence of malevolent nodes, this requirement may lead to serious security concerns for instance, such nodes may disrupt the routing process. This paper attempts to resolve this issue by designing a dynamic source routing (DSR)-based routing mechanism, which is referred to as the cooperative bait detection scheme (CBDS).We present a lightweight dynamic channel allocation mechanism and a cooperative load balancing strategy that are applicable to cluster based MANETs to address this problem. Through extensive simulations we show that both improve the bandwidth efficiency under non-uniform load distributions compared to protocols that do not use these mechanisms as well as compared to the IEEE 802.15.4 protocol with GTS mechanism and the IEEE 802.11 uncoordinated protocol.
MANETs, Dynamic Source Routing, Cooperative Bait Detection Scheme.
- P.-C. Tsou, J.-M. Chang, H.C. Chao, and J.L. Chen, “CBDS:A Cooperative Bait Detection Scheme to prevent malicious node for MANET based on hybrid defense architecture,” in proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. Wireless Commun.,VITAE, Chennai, India, Feb.28- Mar., 03,2011,pp. 1-5.
- S. Marti, T.J. Giuli, K. Lai, and M. Baker, “Mitigating routing misbehavior in mobile ad hoc networks,” in proc. 6th Annu. Intl. Conf. Mobicom, 2000, pp. 255-265.
- S. Corson and J. Macker, RFC 2501, Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET): Routing Protocol Performance Issues and Evaluation Considerations, Jan. 1999. (Last retrieved March 18, 2013)[Online]. Available:http://www.elook.org/computing/r fc/rfc2501.html.
- C. Chang, Y. Wang, and H. Chao, “An efficient Mesh-based core multicast routing protocol on MANETs,” J. Internet Technol., vol. 8, no.2, pp. 229-239, Apr. 2007.
- K. Vishnu and A. J Paul, “Detection and removal of cooperative black/gray hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks,” Intl. J. Comput. Appl., vol. 1, no.22, pp. 28-32,2010.
- H. Deng, W. Li, and D. Agarwal, “Routing security in wireless ad hoc network,” IEEE Commun. Mag.,vol. 40, no.10, Oct.2002.
- S. Ramaswamy, H. Fu, M. Srekantaradhya, J. Dixon, and K. Nygard,”Prevention of cooperative blackhole attacks in wireless ad hoc networks,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Wireless Netw.,Jun. 2003,pp. 570-575.
- H. Weerasinghe and H. Fu, “Preventing cooperative blackhole attacks in mobile ad hoc networks: Simulation implementation and avaluation,” in Proc. IEEE ICC, 2007, pp. 362-367.
- I. Rubin, A. Behzad, R. Zhang, H. Luo, and E. Caballero, “TBONE: A mobile- backbone protocol for ad hoc wireless networks,” in proc. IEEE Aerosp. Conf., 2002, vol. 6, pp. 2727-2740.
- Y. Xue and K. Nahrstedt, “Providing fault-tolerant ad hoc routing service in adversarial environments,” Wireless Pers. Commun, vol. 29, pp. 367-388, 2004.