SMART PARKING AND SECURITY SYSTEM USING EMBEDDED
Author’s Name : Guna M | Akalya R | Karthikeyan R | Ramya N | Bharathidasan S
Volume 01 Issue 04 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 12-15
Project is designed with Microcontroller, LCD Display, Relays, Gate model, GSM Module, RFID Reader, IR sensors. The Microcontroller programmed to interface the RFID reader with the microcontroller to scan the RFID tag to read the amount. It uses IR sensor to identify the availability of free space in the parking area. Parking space are secured by gate system. So the gate is opened only for the user who registers the parking area through SMS by interfacing GSM module. It scans the user RFID, their existing amount is known, only if there is enough amount and controller allows them to park in the parking area. The parking is reserved for that user, if there is a parking area is available. If the users have to show the RFID tag to with amount in their account, then the gate is opened for user to park his vehicle, the gate is opened/ closed by controlling a pair of relay. When the user taking his vehicle from the parking area, the RFID tag is again used, so the based on the IN and OUT time difference, total parking time is calculated and the amount for such parking time is detected from the account.
- P.Lucic: Intelligent parking systems, European journal of operational research,vol.175,no.3,pp.1666-1681,2006.
- G.Yan,W.Yang,D.B.Rawat,and S.Olariu, smart parking: A secure and intelligent parking system, Intelligent transportation systems magazine,IEEE,vol.3,no.1,pp.18-30,2011
- H.Zhao,L.Lu,C.song,and Y.Wu, IPARK:Location aware based intelligent parking guidance over infrastuctureless VANETs,International journal of distributed sensor networks,vol.2012
- K.Axhausan J.Polak ,M.Boltze,and J.Puzicha, Effectiveness of the parking guidance system in frank Traffic engineering and control,vol.35,no.pp.304-309,1994
- A.Kianpisheh ,N.Mustaffa, and P.Limtrairut, Smart parking system architecture using ultrasonic detector, International journal of software engineering and its applications vol.6,no.3,pp.55-58,2012
- Z.Pala and N.Inanc, smart parking application using RFID Technology, in RFID Eurasia,2007 1st annual,2007,pp.1-3.
- J.Chinrungrueng and S.Traiamulamlerd,Smart parking : An application of optical wireless sensor network ,SAID.B.Rawat,D.Treeumnuk ,M.Abuela,and Olairu, Challenges and a visible scene in the construction of notice architecture for vehicular communications, in 5th IEEE International conference on mobile Ad Hoc sensor system ,2008 pp.707-711
- R.Lu,X.Lin,H.Zhu SPARK: Vehicular AdHoc Network as a new method of VANET based smart parking scheme for large parking lots, in INFOCOM 2009,IEEE 2009,pp.1413-1421.
- D.B.Rawat Adaptive Connectivity, Security and privacy in transportation cyber physical system 2016
- H.Wang and W.He, A reservation based smart parking system ,in Computer Communication Workshops IEEE conference on ,2011,pp.690-695.
- NT Workshops 2007.International symposium on,2007.pp.66-66
- D.B.Rawat, D.C.Popseu, G.Yan, and S.Olairu, Enhancing vanet performance by joint adaptation of transmitter power and contention window size, IEEE Transaction on parallel and distributed system vol,22,no.9,pp.1528-1535,2011