SMART HEALTH MONITORING USING INTERNET OF THINGS
Author’s Name : A Gnana Selva Kumar | M Prabhu | N Rajesh | G Saravanakumar
Volume 01 Issue 03 Year 2014 ISSN No: 2349-252X Page no: 21-24
Internet of things is a system that connects physical objects, animals and people etc to the internet by assigning an IP address (IPV6) to everything on the earth. In this paper, we propose a smart health monitoring system whereby IoT technology is implemented to monitor the health status of the patient and alert the doctor in case of emergency. We use heart beat sensor, oxygen sensor and temperature sensor to monitor patients’ health. We use Raspberry Pi 3 model to collect data from various respective sensors and display them on the web page in real time. All data is graphically presented and also an automatic alert has been send to the doctor or health officer based on the sensor readings.
Internet of Things, Raspberry Pi 3, Patients’ Health, Sensor
- A. Dohr, R. Modre-Osprian, M. Drobics, D. Hayn, G.Schreier, ”The Internet of Things for Ambient Assisted Living”, Seventh International Conference on Information Technology, pp 804-809,2010.
- M. Wcislik, M. Pozoga, P. Smerdzynski “Wireless Health Monitoring System”, IFAC (International Federation of Automatic Control) Hosting by Elsevier Ltd. pp 312–317,2015.
- Amir-Mohammad Rahmani, Nanda Kumar Thanigaivelan, Tuan Nguyen Gia, Jose Granados, Behailu Negash, Pasi Liljeberg1, and Hannu Tenhunen, “Smart e-Health Gateway: Bringing Intelligence to Internet-of- Things Based Ubiquitous Healthcare
Systems”,IEEE consumer communications and networking pp 826-834, 2015.
- Junaid Mohammed, Abhinav Thakral, Adrian Filip Ocneanu, Colin Jones, Chung-Horng Lung, Andy Adler,” Internet of Things: Remote Patient Monitoring Using Web Services and Cloud Computing”, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things (iThings 2014), Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom2014), and Cyber-Physical- pp 256-263,2014
- Mohammad S. Jassas, Abdullah A. Qasem, Qusay H. Mahmoud,” A Smart System Connecting e-Health Sensors and the Cloud A Smart System Connecting e-Health Sensors and the Cloud” Proceeding of the IEEE 28th Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering Halifax, Canada, pp 712-716,May 3-6, 2015.
- Hasmah Mansor, Muhammad Helmy Abdul Shukor, Siti Sarah Meskam, Nur Quraisyia Aqilah Mohd Rusli, Nasiha Sakinah Zamery,” Body Temperature Measurement for Remote Health Monitoring System” IEEE International Conference on Smart Instrumentation, Measurement and Applications (ICSIMA)26-27 November 2013.
- R.S.H. Istepanian , S. Hu, N. Y. Philip, and A. Sungoor,” The Potential of Internet of m-health Things “m-IoT” for Non-Invasive Glucose level Sensing”, 33rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE EMBS Boston, Massachusetts USA, pp 5264-5266,August 30 -September 3, 2011.
- K.Mathan Kumar, R.S.Venkatesan,” A Design Approach to Smart Health Monitoring Using Android Mobile Devices” IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT), pp 1740-1744,2014.
- Karandeep Malhi, Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, Fellow, IEEE, Julia Schnepper,
- Mathias Haefke, and Hartmut Ewald,” A Zigbee-Based Wearable Physiological Parameters Monitoring System” IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 12, NO. 3, pp 423-430,March 2012.
- Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay," Wearable Sensors for Human Activity Monitoring: A Review", IEEE Sensors Journal, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp 1321-1330, March 2015.
- Shanzhi Chen, HuiXu, Dake Liu, Bo Hu, and Hucheng Wang, " A Vision of IoT: Applications, Challenges, and Opportunities With China Perspective", IEEE Internet Of Things Journal, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp 349-359,August 2014
- John A. Stankovic," Research Directions for the Internet of Things", IEEE Internet Of Things Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp 3 – 9,February 2014.