EXPLORATION OF NETWORK SECURITY ISSUE AND ITS ATTACK
Author’s Name : J Jayanthi | S Joseph Gabriel
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 5 – 6
Today’s computer networks have gone from typically being a small local area network, to wide area networks, where users and servers are interconnected with each other from all over the world. This development has gradually expanded as bandwidth has become higher and cheaper. But when dealing with the network traffic, bandwidth is only one of the important properties. Delay, jitter and reliability are also important properties for the quality of network connection. This is because different applications has different needs, and therefore require different properties from the network. System administrators are in an increasing degree involved with the troubleshooting of solving network problems concerning the quality of service for the different applications. This research paper analyzed techniques for measuring, analyzing, presenting and interpreting the different properties for the administration of remote computer network. In this way system administrators can benefit from this thesis when administrating their remote computer networks.
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum. Computer Networks, Fourth Edition. Prentice Hall, 2003.
- Kevin Hamilton Kennedy Clark. Cisco LAN Switching (CCIE Professional Development). Cisco Press, 1999.
- Annabel Z. Dodd. The Essential Guide to Telecommunications, Second Edition. Prentice Hall PTR, 1999.
- Sergio Verdú. Wireless bandwidth in the making. IEEE, 2000.
- Gene Spafford Simson Garfinkel, Alan Schwartz. Practical Unix & Internet Security, 3rd Edition. O’Reilly, 2003.
- Fred Halsall. Data Communications, Computer Networks and Open Systems, Fourth Edition. Addison-Wesley, 1996.
- William Stallings. Local networks. ACM, 1984.
- Mahbub Hassan and Raj Jain. High Performance TCP/IP Networking. Pearson Prentice Hall, 2004.
- W. Richard Stevens. The Protocols (TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1). Addison- Wesley, 1993.
- Matt Bishop. Computer Security, Art and Science. Addison-Wesley, 2002.
- Cross-Industry Working Team. Internet service performance: Data analysis and visualization. Technical report, The Cross-Industry Working Team (XIWT), 2000.