A SURVEY ON GEOGRAPHIC AND OPPORTUNISTC ROUTING FOR UNDERWATER SENSOR NETWORKS
Author’s Name : Gayathri T | Vanitha Devi S | Mohana Priya T | Kanimozhi V
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 17-22
Underwater Wireless Sensor Network systems (UWSNs) have appeared as an encouraging innovation to screen and investigate the seas as an alternative to customary undersea wireline instruments. UWSNs can be efficaciously utilized for oceanographic data collection, pollution monitoring, offshore exploration, disaster prevention, assisted navigation and tactical surveillance applications. In any case, the information collection and conglomeration of UWSNs is still extremely constrained on the grounds that of the acoustic channel communication attributes. One approach to boost the information accumulation in UWSNs is through the construction of routing protocols by taking into account the typical attributes of the underwater acoustic communication and the extremely dynamic network topology. In this paper, we analyze different existing routing protocols in order to develop an enhanced routing protocol for UWSNs.
Geographic Routing; Local Minimum; Topology Control; Underwater Sensor Networks
- I. F. Akyildiz, D. Pompili, and T. Melodia, “Underwater acoustic sensor networks: research challenges,” Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 3,no. 3, pp. 257–279, 2005.
- J. Clerk Maxwell, P. Xie, J hong Cui, and L. Lao, “VBF: vector-based forwarding protocol for underwater sensor networks,” in proc. 5th INT’l IFIP-TC6 NETWORKING,2006,pp. 1216-1221.
- H. Yan, Z. J. Shi, and J.-H. Cui, “DBR: depth-based routing for underwater sensor networks,” in proc. 7th Int’l IFIP-TC6 NET-WORKING, 2008,pp. 72-86.
- U. Lee et al., “Pressure roting for underwater sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM,2010,pp. 1-9.
- Y.Noh, U. Lee, P.Wang, B.S.C. Choi, and M. Gerla, “ VAPR:void-aware pressure routing for underwater sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Comput., vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 895-908,2013.
- F. Kuhn, R. Wattenhofer, and A. Zollinger, “Worst-case optimal and average-case efficient geometric ad-hoc routing,” in Proc. 4th ACM Int’l symp. on Mobile Ad Hoc Network. & Comput. (MobiHoc),2003,pp. 267-278.
- R. W. L. Coutinho, L. F. M. Vieira, and A. A. F. Loureiro, “DCR: depth-controlled routing protocol for underwater sensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE Symp. on comput. And commun. (ISCC),2013,pp. 453-458.
- R. W. L. Coutinho, L. F. M. Vieira, and A. A. F. Loureiro, “Movement assisted-topology control2 and geographic routing protocol for underwater sensor networks,” in Proc. 6th ACM Int’l Conf. on Modeling, Analysis & Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems(MSWiM), 2013, pp. 189-196.
- Z. S. M. Zuba, M. Fagan and J.Cui, “A resilient pressure routing scheme for underwater acoustic networks,” in Proc. 57th IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf. (GLOBECOM),2014,pp. 637-642.
- M.O’Rouurke, E.Basha and C.Detweiler, “Multi-modal communi-cations in underwater sensor networks using depth adjustment,”in Proc. 7th ACM Int’l Conference on Underwater Networks and Systems (WUWNet),2012, pp. 31:1-31:5.
- M. Erol, F. Vieira, and M. Gerla, “AUV-Aided localization for underwater sensor networks,” in Proc. Int’l Conf. on Wireless Al-gorithms,Systems and Applications(WASA), 2007, pp. 44-54.
- D. Pompili, T.Melodia and I. F. Akyildiz, “Routing algorithmsfor delay-insensitive and delay-sensitive applications in underwater sensor networks,” in Proc. 12th Annu. Int’l Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), 2006, pp. 298-309.
- J. M. Jornet, M. Stojanovic, and M.Zorzi, “Focused beam routing protocol for underwater acoustic networks,” in Proc. 3rd ACM Int’l Workshop on Underwater Networks (WuWNet), 2008, pp. 75-82.
- S. Lee, B. Bhattacharjee, and S. Banerjee, “Efficient geographic routing in multihop wireless networks,” in Proc. 6th ACM Int’l Symp. on Mobile AdHoc Network. & comput. (MobiHoc), 2005, pp.230-441.
- K.Zeng,W.Lou,J.Yang, and D. Brown,“On geographic collaborative forwarding in wireless adhoc and sensor networks,” in Proc. Int’l Conf.on wireless Algorithms,Systems and Application,2007.