IMPROVING NETWORK PERFORMANCE IN VANET USING SADV ROUTING PROTOCOL
Author’s Name : P R Hemalatha
Volume 04 Issue 04 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 14-16
Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs) are a special form of wireless networks made by vehicles communicating among themselves on roads. The conventional routing protocols proposed for mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) work poorly in VANETs. As communication links break more frequently in VANETs than in MANETs, the routing reliability of such highly dynamic networks needs to be paid special attention.. In existing methods the vehicular mobility pattern and the vehicular traffic distribution are examples of factors that affect the reliable routing process. EG-AODV causes large delays in a route discovery, also route failure may require a new route discovery which produces additional delays that decrease the data transmission rate and increase the network overhead. We propose an Infrastructure Based Routing scheme consists of an Assisted Adaptive Data Dissemination protocol for vehicular networks. It uses static nodes at junctions to forward a packet and the data is forwarded through the best delivery path, which reduces the overall data delivery delay.
VANET, AODV Protocol, SADV Architecture
- Khalid Abdel Hafeez, Student Member, IEEE, Lian Zhao, Senior Member, IEEE, Bobby Ma, Senior Member, IEEE, and Jon W. Mark, Life Fellow, IEEE – Performance Analysis and Enhancement of the DSRC for VANET’s Safety Applications – IEEE Transactions On Vehicular Technology, Vol. 62, No. 7, September 2013.
- Hassan Aboubakr Omar (Student Member, IEEE), Weihua Zhuang(Fellow, IEEE),Atef Abdrabou (Member, IEEE), And Li Li (Member, IEEE) – Performance Evaluation of VeMAC Supporting Safety Applications in Vehicular Networks – IEE Transactions On Emerging Topics In Computing 9July2013.
- Mahmoud Hashem Eiza and Qiang Ni – An Evolving Graph-Based Reliable Routing Scheme for VANETs IEEE Transactions On Vehicular Technology, Vol. 62, No. 4, May 2013.
- Liren Zhang, AbderrahmaneLakas, HeshamEl-Sayed, EzedinBarka – Mobility analysis in vehicular Ad hoc network (VANET) – Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications 36 (2013) 1050–1056.
- Omar Abdel Wahab, Hadi Otrok, Azzam Mourad – VANET QoS-OLSR: QoS-based clustering protocol for Vehicular Ad hoc Networks – Elsevier journal on computer communication July 2013.
- Antonio Fonseca, Teresa Vazao – Applicability of position-based routing for VANET in highways and urban environment – Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications 36 (2013) 961-973.