REVIEW OF IMAGE AND VIDEO INDEXING TECHNIQUES IN PIXEL AND COMPRESSED DOMAIN
Author’s Name : Meenakshi Choudhary | Prof Sushma Lehri
Volume 04 Issue 03 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 3-8
Visual database systems require efficient indexing to facilitate fast access to the images and video sequences in the database. Recently, several content-based indexing methods for image and video based on spatial relationships, color, texture, shape, sketch, object motion, and camera parameters have been re-ported in the literature. The goal of this paper is to provide a critical survey on image and video indexing technique in both pixel and compressed domain.
- G. Salton and M. J. McGill, An Introduction to Modern Information Retrieval, McGraw–Hill, New York, 1983
- J. J. Fan and K. Y. Su, An efficient algorithm for matching multiple patterns, IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng.5(2), April 1993, 339–351
- A. Gupta, T. Weymouth, and R. Jain, Semantic queries with pictures: The VIMSYS model, Proc. VLDB’91, 1991, 69–79.
- T. Sellis, N. Roussopoulos, and C. Faloutsos, The R1 tree: A dynamic index for multidimensional objects, in Proceedings of the 13th Inter-national Conference on Very Large Databases, 1987, pp. 507–518.
- N. Beckmann, H. P. Kriegel, R. Schneider, and B. Seeger, The R*-tree: An efficient and robust access method for points and rectangles, in Proceedings ACM SIGMOD the International Conference on the Management of Data, May 1990, pp. 322–331.
- I. Gargantini, An effective way to represent quadtrees, Commun. ACM 25(12), 1982, 905–910.
- J. Nievergelt, H. Hinterberger, and K. C. Sevcik, The grid file: An adaptable symmetric multikey file structure, ACM Trans. Database Systems 9(1), March 1984, 38–71.
- Y. Niu, M. T. Ozsu, and X. Li, A Study of Image Indexing Techniques for Multimedia Database Systems, Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Technical Report TR 95-19, July 1995.
- G. Ahanger and T. D. C. Little, A survey of technologies for parsing and indexing digital video, J. Visual Commun. Image Represent.7(1), March 1996, 28–43
- D. Copper and Z. Lei, on representation and invariant recognition of complex objects based on patches and parts, in Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series, 3D Object Representation for Computer Vision (M. Hebert, J. Ponce, T. Boult, and A. Gross, Eds.), pp. 139–153, Springer-Verlag, New York/Berlin, 1995.
- J. R. Smith and S.-F. Chang, Local color and texture extraction and spatial query, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Proc., 1996.
- M. Strickerand A. Dimai, Color indexing with weak spatial constraints, in Proc. SPIE Storage and Retrieval for Image and Video Databases, 1996.
- M. Lybanon, S. Lea, and S. Himes, Segmentation of diverse image types using opening and closing, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Proc., 1994.
- M. Hansen and W. Higgins, Watershed-driven relaxation labeling for image segmentation, in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Proc., 1994.