DUMPSTER MONITORING SYSTEM USING IOT
Author’s Name : Ms S Nirmala | S Sreemathi Gayathri Sundar | J Sugith
Volume 04 Issue 02 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 9-11
In the present day scenario, we see that the Dumpster or Dust bin placed in the cities is overflowing due to increase in the waste. It causes unhygienic condition and leads in spreading deadly diseases & human illness, to avoid such a situation we are planning to design “Dumpster Monitoring System”. In this proposed system each dumpster contains an embedded device to track the level of the garbage in the dumpster and unique ID will be provided to easily detect which dumpster gets filled. The embedded device consists of IR Sensor, Arduino Uno and Arduino Wi-Fi Shield. Once the level gets filled it will transmit the level of the garbage with the unique ID through the mobile application. The notifications are accessed by the concern authorities through the internet and they can take immediate actions to clean the dumpster.
Garbage, IR Sensor, Arduino Uno, Arduino Wi-Fi Shield, Internet
- Twinkle Sinha, K.Mugesh Kumar, P.Saisharan “Smart Dustbin” International Journal of Industrial Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Volume-3, Issue-5, May-2015
- Tarandeep Singh, Rita Mahajan, Deepak Bagai “Smart Waste Management using Wireless Sensor Network”, Vol. 4, Issue 6, June 2016, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering.
- Akshay Bandal, Pranay Nate, Rohan Manakar, Rahul Powar “Smart Wi-Fi Dustbin System” Internaional Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovation in Technology, ISSN: 2454-132X Volume2, Issue5.
- Oyndrila Roy, Aranyak Roy, Dr.Debasis Roy, “Automatic water level indicator” Issue 6, Vol. 2 March 2016, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development.
- Maher Arebey, M A Hannan, Hassan Basri, R A Begum and Huda Abdullah “RFID and Integrated Technologies for Solid Waste Bin Monitoring System” Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering Volume I.
- Mohd Helmy Abd Wahab, Aeslina Abdul Kadir, Mohd Razali Tomari, “A Conceptual Approach of Smart Waste Management with Integrated Web based System” WM2008 Conference.
- Narayan Sharma, Nirman Singha, Tanmoy Dutta, “Smart Bin Implementation for Smart Cities”International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 9, September-2015
- Md. Asaduzzaman Miah, Mir Hussain Kabir, Md. Siddiqur Rahman Tanveer and M. A. H. Akhand “Continuous Heart Rate and Body Temperature Monitoring System using Arduino UNO and Android Device” EICT, International Conference on Electrical Information and Communication Technology.
- Baharuddin Mustapha, Aladin Zayegh, Rezaul K. Begg “Ultrasonic and Infrared Sensors Performance in a Wireless Obstacle Detection System” Volume I, First International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Modelling & Simulation.