A SURVEY ON RESERVATION BASED CALL ADMISSION CONTROL ALGORITHM IN CELLULAR NETWORK
Author’s Name : Sujata Dake | Vishal Puri
Volume 03 Issue 04 Year 2016 ISSN No: 2349-3828 Page no: 14-17
In cellular networks, call admission control (CAC) has a direct impact on quality of service(QoS) for individual connections which in turn affects overall system efficiency. Traditional reservation based schemes are not efficient for handoff rates, as the reserved bandwidth may not be utilized effectively in low hand-off rates. Therefore, we propose channel borrowing approach in which new calls can reserve bandwidth depending on its priority. Later, if handoff calls arrives and all the channels are busy, it will pre-empt the service of a borrower call if there exists. In addition the focus is also to reduce the call dropping probability(CDP) and increase the total system capacity and performance; Hence the QoS of the system can significantly be improved especially in high mobility environment.
Handoff, CDP, QoS, CAC
- H. Halabian, P. Rengaraju, C.-H. Lung, and I. Lambadaris, “A reservation-based call admission control scheme and system modeling in 4G vehicular networks,” EURASIP J. Wirel. Commun. Netw., vol. 2015, no. 1, p. 125, 2015.
- S. Kumar, K. Kumar, and A. K. Pandey, “A Comparative Study of Call Admission Control in Mobile Multimedia Networks using Soft Computing,” Int. J. Comput. Appl., vol. 107, no. 16, pp. 975–8887, 2014.
- A. I. Technology, G. N. Kumar, A. A. Mahalingam, and T. Nadu, “Performance Improvement of Robust Call Admission Control Algorithm for Qos Support Over Future Generation Wireless Heterogeneous Networks,” vol. 62, no. 3, 2014.
- I. F. Akyildiz and W. Wang, “Wireless Multimedia Networks,” vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1021–1035, 2004.
- R. B. H. S and P. S. Satyanarayana, “An Intelligent Call Admission Control Decision Mechanism for Wireless Networks,” vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 12–20, 2010.
- Y. Zhou and B. Ai, “Evaluation of High-speed Train Communication Handover Models Based on DEA,” 2014.
- C. Liu, C. Zhou, N. Pissinou, and S. K. Makki, “Joint Call Admission Control in Integrated Wireless LAN and 3G Cellular Networks,” 2007.
- M. H. Ahmed, “Call Admission Control in Wireless Networks: A Comprehensive Survey,” IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 7, pp. 50–69, 2005.
- D. Niyato and E. Hossain, “Call admission control for QoS provisioning in 4G wireless networks: issues and approaches,” IEEE Netw., vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 5–11, 2005.