JOB SATISFACTION IN COLLEGE TEACHERS: A SURVEY BASED STUDY OF COLLEGES OF COIMBATORE
Author’s Name : Dr S Parthiban | S Krishnakumar
Volume 05 Issue 04 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-7289 Page no: 1- 4
Higher education in India has recorded impressive growth since Independence. Hence India has to compete with global economy where we need qualified faculties. Here the faculties have played a major role in our educational system. A teacher is a backbone of a nation and its progress depends upon the education system The role of teacher is very significant in the development of a country. He acts as a coach, mentor, trainer, and guide. Job satisfaction of the faculty members plays a vital role among students’ education. When teachers are satisfied with their job then only they can perform their responsibilities with more concentration and devotion. Job satisfaction among college teachers is good not only for themselves but society as a whole. The factors determines job satisfaction vary according to gender, age, experience, and position. With this background data have been collected from the faculty members those who are working in the colleges in around Coimbatore. This study attempts to evaluate job satisfaction of teachers in different colleges in Coimbatore. It focuses on the factors deciding the job satisfaction of the teachers and the impact on their performance. Correlation analysis used to test the hypothesis.
- Ahsan N, Abdulla Z, Fie DYG, Alam SS (2009) A Study on Job Satisfaction among University Staff in Malaysia: An Empirical Study. European Journal of Social Science 8(1):121-131.
- George E, Daniel L, Gerhard B (2008) Job Satisfaction among Urban Secondary School teachers. South African Journal of Education 28(2):135-154.
- Natarajan R (2001) A study on School Organizational climate and Job Satisfaction of Teachers. Journal of Educational Research and Extension pp: 36-43.
- Suki NM, Suki NM (2011) Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment: The Effect of Gender. International journal of psychology research 6(5); 1-15.
- Mehta DS (2012) Job Satisfaction among Teachers. International Journal of Research in Commerce IT & Management 2(4): 77-83.
- Nagar K (2012) Organizational commitment and job satisfaction among teachers during times of Burnout. Vikalpa 37.2: 43-60.