A STUDY ON UNDERSTANDING CUSTOMER’S PREFERENCE TOWARDS THE CELEBRITY ENDORSED PRODUCTS WITH RESPECT TO GARMENT/APPAREL INDUSTRY
Author’s Name : Akshay Surana
Volume 05 Issue 01 Year 2018 ISSN No: 2349-7289 Page no: 1-3
This study provides a quantitative summary of the relationship between celebrity endorsement and its impact on a customer’s buying decision in the category of apparel industry. The data was collected from 79 respondents and then evaluated and analyzed and further interpreted according to the requirement of the study. The Reliability study showed that the data was highly reliable. The results also concluded that there was a statistically significant relationship between importance of price and age, celebrity endorsement used as a measure in the comparison of products and income. The findings showed that there was a positive, although moderate impact of celebrity endorsement on consumers buying decision based on factors like price, celebrity and etc. Implication for marketers as well as suggestions for future research is discussed
Consumer Perception, Celebrity Endorsement and Promotion
- Amanda Spry, R. P. (2011). “Celebrity endorsement, brand credibility and brand equity”. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 45 .
- David H. Silvera, B. A. (2004). “Factors predicting the effectiveness of celebrity endorsement advertisements”. European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 38 .
- Kara Chan, Y. L. (2013). Impact of celebrity endorsement in advertising on brand image among Chinese adolescents. Young Consumers, Vol. 14
- Pei-ShanWei, H. P. (2012). An examination of the celebrity endorsements and online customer reviews influence female consumers’ shopping behavior.
- Rennae Daneshvary, R. K. (2000). “The association endorsement and consumers’ intention to purchase”. Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 17
- Steve Dix, I. P. (2010). “Bend it like Beckham”: the influence of sports celebrities on young adult consumers. Young Consumers, Vol. 11 .