TERTIARY-PARTITE PARTNERSHIP AMONG STUDENTS–POLYTECHNIC -INDUSTRY TO IMPROVE THE STUDENTS SOFT SKILLS
Author’s Name : R.Maniyarasan
Volume 04 Issue 01 Year 2017 ISSN No: 2349-7289 Page no: 16-19
The rapid growth of Engineering science and technology in the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has initiated the scheme of Community Development through Polytechnics (CDTP) to uplift the rural downtrodden people of the country. To provide non-formal, short term, employment oriented skill development programs to various sections of the community by this scheme. Upgrade the Curriculum in order to students to meet the current scenario of competitive job market demand. Despite continuing efforts made to improve student’s soft skills, the industry commented that graduate engineers had failed to master the soft skills needed in their employment. On above of this, efforts to improve soft skills among students will not be successful without a strong commitment and participation .This paper investigates smart synergy model of tertiary-partite partnership among students-polytechnic-industry in the industrial orientation training program. The main aim is to create a tertiary-partite partnership among students-polytechnic-industry to improve the student’s soft skills through polytechnic. First, the trends of partnership in industrial orientation training programs among students-polytechnics-industry in India are analysed this paper emphasizes strategies to fill up the existing gaps in this matter.
Soft Skills, Industrial Training, Students-Polytechnic-Industry Partnerships
- Abdul Hamid N., Hassan N.I., Ibrahim M.(2009)University-Industry Collaboration Through Industrial Training Program, 2009 InternationalConference on Engineering Education (ICEED 2009), December 7-8, 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Zaharatul Akmar Ahmad Zainuddin, Abd Shukor Hashim, Ir. Ghazali Abd Azi(2012) Smart tri-partite partnership: polytechnic-industry-student. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences 31 (2012) 517 – 521.
- Dr.T. Srinivasan,Dr.S. Chandrasekar,(2015)Relationship between academic variables and employability quotient of engineering students. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences Volume 5, Issue 6 (ISSN 2249-3905)
- Angelina Seow Voon, Yee And Derek Seng Wee, Lim. (2011). Investigating Critical Challenges Faced By Polytechnics: A Comparative Study, 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd Icber 2011) Proceeding; Pg 333-349.
- Brent J Sander (2010); The Living Lab- The next evolution of Industry-University Partnership; The University of British Columbia, Emerging Technologies.
- Sasha Blaug, Colleen Chien, Michael J Shuster (2004); ManagingInnovation: University-Industry Partnership and Licensing of theHarvard Mouse; Nature Biotechnology, Vol 22 No 6.